PDA

View Full Version : Artesian? Now named Couselor, what has happened to him

summerly
Jun. 11, 2011, 11:56 AM
I watched this horse compete on the West Coast and loved him! I know the Maddens bought him as a jumper prospect and he went down to FLorida and didn't do anything productive by the looks of his record. Does anyone have any updated info? I loved this guy...just curious...

Yance
Jun. 11, 2011, 12:34 PM
He was sold as an eventer. To a young rider. And after that not working out, he went to Will Coleman... late last year according to USEA

vineyridge
Jun. 11, 2011, 01:26 PM
I think the story was that Will Coleman got in touch with the Maddens, and he went into show jumping with them as a result.

He's a very young horse, and would be in the very beginning stages of show jumper training.

Yance
Jun. 11, 2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.johnmaddensales.com/OurHorses/CurrentHorses/Counselor.aspx

JWB
Jun. 11, 2011, 09:31 PM
He was just going around the YEH championships last fall so he obviously hasn't been with them too long yet.

purplnurpl
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:40 AM
His new name suits their needs and expectations and makes perfect sense but I so loved his 1st name.

I watched a special about Judgment last year and I seem to remember something about the horse really offering too much talent early on so they kept him at home for more time that usual to carefully mold him into a super star....

Counselor may be on the same schedule. : )