PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Plantation this weekend?

MightyBobbyMagee
Jun. 10, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'm going to try to get down to watch some of the HT tomorrow, and I'm competing for the first time ever (minor freakout) in the ST Sunday. So who will be there? :D

furlong47
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:59 PM
I'll be hanging around to watch both days. My trainer and some friends are riding on Saturday and a few other friends on Sunday. I was able to figure out who you are on the list from the times on your blog :lol: I know several of the others in your division.

BTW the horse I ride has some of those nasty swollen up bites on his belly. Yucky and this is the first year I've seen it. The vet gave some pink goo to put on them.

kkindley
Jun. 10, 2011, 01:06 PM
Competing sunday in NH. Our first trip at Novice!

MightyBobbyMagee
Jun. 10, 2011, 02:35 PM
I'll be hanging around to watch both days. My trainer and some friends are riding on Saturday and a few other friends on Sunday. I was able to figure out who you are on the list from the times on your blog :lol: I know several of the others in your division.

Well, stop in and say hi! We'll be the ones with the tacky blue and yellow trailer and the chestnut TB screaming his head off. :lol:

[/quote]BTW the horse I ride has some of those nasty swollen up bites on his belly. Yucky and this is the first year I've seen it. The vet gave some pink goo to put on them.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what's in it? I put some Swat on them today to turn him out, but I noticed a few much smaller ones on his neck. Just when we get one thing under control, something else comes up. :rolleyes:

furlong47
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:18 PM
Well, stop in and say hi! We'll be the ones with the tacky blue and yellow trailer and the chestnut TB screaming his head off. :lol:

BTW the horse I ride has some of those nasty swollen up bites on his belly. Yucky and this is the first year I've seen it. The vet gave some pink goo to put on them.

Do you know what's in it? I put some Swat on them today to turn him out, but I noticed a few much smaller ones on his neck. Just when we get one thing under control, something else comes up. :rolleyes:

Not sure what is in it but it is labeled as pastern folliculitis cream :lol: Obviously the belly is nowhere near the pastern so whatever is in it must work for both conditions.

kiwifruit
Jun. 11, 2011, 10:40 AM
I'm entered Sunday for training. I am so worried about the Weldon's Wall on the course. Heard that it rides well but that does not stop me from thinking about it all day today!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jun. 11, 2011, 05:07 PM
I'm entered Sunday for training. I am so worried about the Weldon's Wall on the course. Heard that it rides well but that does not stop me from thinking about it all day today!

YOU WILL BE FINE....now go have a large margarita, and repeat this phrase multiple times:)

Highflyer
Jun. 11, 2011, 05:47 PM
The ditch in front of the Weldon's Wall is TINY--the width of a groundline. The horses think of it as a big ramp. Just be aware that the turn to the bank combination comes up really quickly. Since the starter is untimed, I highly recommend making a nice big turn.

Otherwise the T course rode really well. My guy stepped on himself and pulled a shoe between 2 and 3 and still had a lovely go. If only he had peed in the tube for the nice girl from USEF, he would have been a true star.

kiwifruit
Jun. 11, 2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks Bornfree for the well wishes! And yes, I will have stiff drink or two before I go to bed tonight!

Highflyer, thanks for the advice! Yes, I think a nice big circle before bank is in order. What about the steeplechase fence at the top of the hill followed by the barnish fence? How did that ride? Was planning circling up there too since I have time. Congrats on making it around. Looking forward to tomorrow.

bornfreenowexpensive
Jun. 11, 2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks Bornfree for the well wishes! And yes, I will have stiff drink or two before I go to bed tonight!

Highflyer, thanks for the advice! Yes, I think a nice big circle before bank is in order. What about the steeplechase fence at the top of the hill followed by the barnish fence? How did that ride? Was planning circling up there too since I have time. Congrats on making it around. Looking forward to tomorrow.

That steeplechase fence also always rides well. Jumped it many times. Do they have you jumping into the woods with a little drop fence? if so...you have tons of time to trot or rebalance.

Good luck...I'll be a spotter out on xc. I'm hoping for a boring day so I can get some work done;)

kkindley
Jun. 12, 2011, 08:32 PM
Had a wonderful time there today! Did our first Novice and finished on our wonderful dressage score of 33. I was so proud of my horsey! I had been told the Novice unrec course was a lot of the BN recognized, with some actual Novice thrown in. So I was a bit suprised that it was the N rec from saturday when I started to walk it. Everything looked so big!!! It actually rode really well and my mare really stepped it up and gave me a great effort. It was almost as though she thought these actually required effort, but she made them feel so easy. Only problem we had was at 6. The ground was pretty smeary in front of it, and we don't have studs. So that really backed her off because she gets nervous if she slips a foot. I had a great time and thanks to all the wonderful folks that made it happen!

Jun. 13, 2011, 09:11 AM
I was there. My horse did his first prelim this weekend. Of course there was room for improvement but we finished and received a ribbon!

kiwifruit
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:49 AM
I made it over the dreaded ditch and wall and finished on my dressage score! It rode like everyone said it would, and I think the photographer was at that fence. That is one that I will buy for the wall of shame at my house. The only fence that gave me an issue was the corner. I don't know if my horse was spooking at the fenceline, the fence itself or the mushroom on top but I managed to get him over the first time. Loved stadium too! Overall, it was a great course to move up to training.

Jun. 13, 2011, 11:35 AM
I am looking forward to the photos too but they aren't up yet. :)

MightyBobbyMagee
Jun. 13, 2011, 03:48 PM
My SO commented on how scary the mushroom looked on the corner, kiwi. He and your horse must have been thinking the same thing. :lol:

I had a dreadful time Sunday. We were totally disorganized and took too long walking the xcountry course, so we didn't get back to the trailer until 11 and my dressage was at 11:30. By the time I got on and got over to the ring, I had literally zero minutes to warm up. I got to walk in circles while the rider before me finished the last half of her test, then trotted two times around the ring before going in. Amazingly, I managed a 39, and it wasn't even the lowest of my division.

We did a great warm up for stadium and got to go in early, but I should have kept him cantering until the second we entered the ring because his tiny TB brain started to wander while we waited for the two riders in front of us. We made it over the first 3 fences, then Red decided the stone wall was absolutely, positively going to eat him and refused to go over it.

It wasn't even worth it asking if I could go xcountry. I didn't want to fry his brain by overfacing him. I'll drop him down to Into/Elem next month to give him a confidence booster. He hadn't done a real course since before he strained his suspensory a few years ago, so that's probably what I should have done in the first place. Oh, well. Lesson learned, and I know now what I need to focus on what to expect. :yes:

I got a couple pics of training while I was walking in case either of them is a COTHer:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253432_556353232215_71400625_31570372_7809259_n.jp g
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254377_556353247185_71400625_31570373_5570321_n.jp g

Jun. 14, 2011, 11:54 AM
Still no photos! :(

AKDragooPhoto
Jun. 14, 2011, 01:39 PM
The photos are going up between foal watching, editorial shoots and sleep. You all take priority over my lawn, much to the chagrin of my neighbors! :}

Jun. 14, 2011, 02:49 PM
I hear ya! Thanks!