PDA

View Full Version : Wesphalian Registery

FINESSEit
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:34 PM
Does anyone know if there is any way to find out breeding background, location or even the place a horse was sold / bred at in Europe? I have a Wesphalian mare that i'm trying to find more information on, have her USEF registered name but not sure if it's her actual registered name.

Give and Take
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:25 PM
Jane Ayers in WI has a ton of contacts with the verband Germany. Trilogy Farms in CA helped me coordinate with the Westfalen inspector from Germany when I had a foal by Puritano.

It can be a little tricky if you don't have her breed registry number but if you know her sire and she's branded, there should be a record of her with the registry.

Good luck!

Kareen
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:38 PM
Email me if you run into problems.

FINESSEit
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:18 AM
Email me if you run into problems.

I know she was from Germany, her sire is FIORESTRAN I that's all!

Kareen
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:33 AM
Ur, that'll be a problem. Florestan has hundreds of foals on the ground :( No breeder name or DOB? Does she have a passport? How do you know about her sire name?

FINESSEit
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:56 AM
Ur, that'll be a problem. Florestan has hundreds of foals on the ground :( No breeder name or DOB? Does she have a passport? How do you know about her sire name?

No breeder name unfortunately, and of course the date of birth is 1/1/the year. I always doubt the actual birth date since 1/1 is usually generic. Correct me if i'm wrong though!

FINESSEit
Jun. 10, 2011, 07:05 AM
I did manage to track this website down which says they had a horse with her name who was also by her sire.

www.gestuet-vorwerk.de/index.php?id=26&L=2

RyuEquestrian
Jun. 10, 2011, 01:49 PM
What is his name and who is his sire? Is he not trackable in Paardenfokken?