PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Snap Collar Shirt

EAY
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:08 PM
I'm looking for a snap collar shirt in 100% cotton but haven't had any luck. Everything seems to be cool max or poly blend.

horsegal301
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:15 PM
I think you'll be hardpressed to find a 100% cotton wrap shirt. Google hasn't turned up anything. There's a reason - cotton is WAY too hot, which is why most of them have coolmax blend with a small percentage of cotton.

hijumpin1
Jun. 9, 2011, 05:46 PM
www.stablecloth.com/
www.revelryapparel.com/
www.chevalfashions.com/

The cotton shirts are higher end, more in the realm of custom. Here are a couple sites you might like. I don't like coolmax shirts either!

STA
Jun. 9, 2011, 06:39 PM
You might try calling Cindy at Hadfield's.

EAY
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. It does seem like custom or semi-custom might be the only way to go. I don't find a good cotton fabric to be hotter than a synthetic. In fact, I think cool max feels kinds of slimy when it's sweaty, and synthetics tend to hold odors.

Cheval Fashions
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:16 PM
I think you'll be hardpressed to find a 100% cotton wrap shirt. Google hasn't turned up anything. There's a reason - cotton is WAY too hot, which is why most of them have coolmax blend with a small percentage of cotton.

Thanks for suggesting the Cheval shirts. I should let you know that the shirts are 100% cotton, but importantly are 100thread count. So the shirts feel so good on, breathe really well, and they actually dry very quickly. I asked a number of people who showed in Florida this winter and they said they were just great. So I think the key is if you're looking for cotton to make sure you get a very good quality (which of course Hadfields are). Hopefully that helps.

indygirl2560
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:16 AM
If you have the money, go with the Cheval shirts! My friend has a few and they feel, (and look), really nice!

Horselovr
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:32 AM
I much prefer Essex 100% CoolMax or CoolMax/Cotton Blend shirts. They truly wick away perspiration unlike cotton. No comparison in performance! I'll never wear another 100% cotton show shirt underneath my wool jacket.

culture shock
Jun. 10, 2011, 02:31 AM
Cindy-Hadfields makes a beautiful, stock cotton shirt with snaps called the "Vanessa" It's a great shirt and comes in about four different combinations. Cindy also makes the same shirt custom if you are looking for different fabric or need a special fit.

ForaSmallFee11
Jun. 11, 2011, 10:48 AM
The Riding Sport wrap collar shirts are 100% cotton, there was a misprint in the catalog, but if you see the actual shirt it states it is 100% cotton.

cabby773
Jun. 11, 2011, 08:19 PM
I agree that the Cheval shirts are wonderful. They are comfortable and are beautiful. They are nice for showing but I also think they look great for everyday wear. I had many compliments on the shirt when I wore it at the last few shows.

ridingmom3
Jun. 12, 2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for suggesting the Cheval shirts. I should let you know that the shirts are 100% cotton, but importantly are 100thread count. So the shirts feel so good on, breathe really well, and they actually dry very quickly. I asked a number of people who showed in Florida this winter and they said they were just great. So I think the key is if you're looking for cotton to make sure you get a very good quality (which of course Hadfields are). Hopefully that helps.

I am so ordering one of these shirts...beautiful!!!!!

Tuesday's Child
Jun. 12, 2011, 06:30 PM
Another vouch for the Cheval shirts - I don't own one but I tried them on at the Royal last year and they are really really nice! Also love the no-choker style since I tend to get flustered and lose things :)

Dappled Grey
Jun. 12, 2011, 10:45 PM
I own both a Cheval shirt and a Stable Cloth shirt - love both.

Carley Sparks
Jun. 14, 2011, 09:06 PM
Cheval are fashion forward, too! So says Adrianna Anderocci:

http://www.getmyfix.org/1485/fashion-file-hunter-chic/

vxf111
Oct. 16, 2011, 06:15 PM
Royal Highness makes one. For under $45, if memory serves...

vxf111
Oct. 16, 2011, 06:17 PM
It doesn't give the fabric content, but I am 99% sure that the Winchester is 100% cotton and the Warrenton is coolmax...

http://www.vtosaddlery.com/product/SHRT/RHWSS.htm

Across Sicily
Oct. 17, 2011, 04:24 AM
I have to agree on the Cheval shirts. I bought one in July, and they are GORGEOUS and very fine quality.

copper1
Oct. 17, 2011, 08:35 AM
I need to check this out as well! I hate coolmax-really uncomfortable for me when it is hot!

Arianna Anderocci
Oct. 19, 2011, 01:31 AM
Thanks. I used my husband's account since I just can't seem to bring myself to create my own and I didn't want to miss out on the chance of the free shirt. He's going to love it :lol: - his two favorite things, horses and shopping (Not :no:).

Although Cheval does make a great shirt, I do have to let you know about my new line of luxury show shirting Le Fash. I just launched it this month and we have all of the areas covered in one shirt that you have been asking about in this thread.

We have developed a natural, technical performance, breathable, wrap collar show shirt. We use a combination of Egyptian Cotton strategically placed in areas that are visible under a show coat. We then placed a unique blend of a bamboo/spandex knit in the sleeves and side bodice panels that allow for freedom of movement.

Bamboo is a natural fiber that acts like a technical fiber so it wicks like CoolMax but will breathe better and absorb more moisture. It will also not stick to you like you mentioned Coolmax does! Additionally, it is anti bacterial and anti fungal so any odor causing bacteria is killed on contact and thus will not hold any odor.

We used really great traditional hunt plaids and stripes for a super luxe look as well as more basic white twill options for formal classes.

Check it out..its everything you want in a show shirt :)
www.lefashny.com or Check it out on Facebook. (Your husband's account ;)

abv1269
Oct. 19, 2011, 09:11 AM
They're gorgeous!

www.chevalfashions.com/

vxf111
Oct. 19, 2011, 09:28 AM
Is this a thread specifically for people to promote their own businesses? It's getting a little silly...

Moderator 1
Oct. 23, 2011, 11:30 AM
Just to clarify on our policies, as there have been both OK and not OK (and now removed) posts on this thread:

It's OK for a company rep to respond to questions about their products, or to recommend their products in response to a query for which they fit the bill -- as in the posts by the two company reps on this thread.

It's not OK to generally advertise sales or promotions for your company or on your site.

Thanks,
Mod 1