View Full Version : on the lookout for Fort Delaware

SGray
Jun. 9, 2011, 03:44 PM
chestnut mare - 2004

Delaware Township/Foruitousmiss

she was with Felix Monserrate

was a giveaway out of FingerLakes Finest

later showed up on Craigslist - Rochester for $600

I contacted seller and was trying to arrange a vet for health cert., etc but they said horse had to go right away and later said they gave her to a good home

I check Rochester CL weekly to see if she pops up there again

I am not a 'racing person' -- would any of you be willing to put a watch on her for me so that if she returns to racing/training I can try again?

(do not know why she sticks in my head)

CharingHounds
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:31 AM
I saw her on craigslist too (probably when you did). I think there were 2 they wanted to find homes for. I will keep my eyes open, but I believe she is no longer eligible to race at many (most) tracks because she has never won a race and reached the age limit of non-winners (at least at Finger Lakes).
You may want to look at Camelot Horse Auction, New Holland, and PA Brokers to see if she shows up or showed up there.
Good luck I hope you find her and keep us updated.

SGray
Jun. 10, 2011, 10:10 AM
I had seen this article after I was clued in about her trainer
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2011/02/08/old-horses-eligibility.aspx and this quote

"Monserrate will have to look elsewhere in 2011. Fort Delaware reached her seventh birthday on January 1, and Finger Lakes does not accept entries for maidens older than six. Monserrate said on February 1 that he would consider shipping Fort Delaware to race at Beulah Park instead."

is what made me think that some schmuck might try to run her again

she's run enough and needs a new life -- I only hope that whomever has her now does right by her

thanks for the hints -- do you know if they have online presence that I can monitor? (I am in TX) (found Camelot - will keep researching - thanks)

Xctrygirl
Jun. 10, 2011, 10:23 AM
Uhhhhh

Hate to say this, but.... the horse I mentioned in the other thread who was at Camelot within 3 weeks of running at Finger Lakes... Was from Monserrate also.

BUT he got a home.

Most Camelot horses do get a home.

You can call the office there and ask. Sometimes they have their names, sometimes now.

Actually come to think of it, they usually go by the yr of birth and dam's name at the office.

Frank is the head, the number is (609) 448-5225

Here's the Facebook Group. New pics up each week with details on Weds.

http://www.facebook.com/CamelotHorseWeekly?ref=ts#!/CamelotHorseWeekly?sk=info

~Emily

KBEquine
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:49 PM
I am not a 'racing person' -- would any of you be willing to put a watch on her for me so that if she returns to racing/training I can try again?

You don't have to be a 'racing person' -- or pay any money -- to put a watch on yourself. Go to www.equibase.com & create a virtual stable, where you can watch trainers, horses and/or jockeys. Just put her in your stable & if she ever works out or is entered in a race anywhere, you will know.

SGray
Jun. 10, 2011, 01:18 PM
thanks KBE

registered and put her in

appreciate the info

Pat Ness
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:16 PM
She has 75 starts all Maiden. Poor girl had five races between 11/08/10 and 12/04/10. There should be track rules against that many races that close together - especially when their form is not improving.

I hope she finds herself in a good place.

Calamber
Jun. 10, 2011, 11:15 PM
Uhhhhh

Hate to say this, but.... the horse I mentioned in the other thread who was at Camelot within 3 weeks of running at Finger Lakes... Was from Monserrate also.

BUT he got a home.

Most Camelot horses do get a home.

You can call the office there and ask. Sometimes they have their names, sometimes now.

Actually come to think of it, they usually go by the yr of birth and dam's name at the office.

Frank is the head, the number is (609) 448-5225

Here's the Facebook Group. New pics up each week with details on Weds.

http://www.facebook.com/CamelotHorseWeekly?ref=ts#!/CamelotHorseWeekly?sk=info

~Emily

I don't know where you got the notion that most Camelot horses get homes. They get shipped, and they also were sent to worse than the slaughter house. Google Sharon Crumb if you want to know.