PDA

View Full Version : XC on my 4 yo with pics

sunnycher
Jun. 9, 2011, 01:05 PM
Saturday I rode my boy xc in a clinic with Sara Mittleider, and he was great until the last fence of the last ride, then took off bucking and running. Good news, I didn't come off, but was not too excited to ride Sunday and not give him a positive go. Sara offered to ride him on Sunday, so off we went, he jumped things we've never seen, and was a bit goofy, but oh, boy - he has some spring. It was fun to watch.

At the end of the lesson I got on and cantered him all around, and he was fine. Just 4 yo goofy. Anyway, thought I'd share the good, bad and ugly (horse, not sara, of course, she did a beautiful job)...

https://picasaweb.google.com/117927443071287290144/LouieXCJune2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCKvM1LG0yIj2_QE

Big_Grey_hunter
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:21 PM
That first picture was quite..... springy :lol:

That fifth picture is lovely! :)

AliCat518
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:25 PM
Love picture 5.

Picture 8 made me laugh a little....out of pure understanding!
Looks like you guys had some funnn :)

ReveilleandRinsie
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:28 PM
That was an impressive ride on Saturday -- I don't think I could have stuck it! And I still love picture 2 best, the hover-horse picture. :) Louie's a great guy.

sunnycher
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:54 PM
He is pretty cool...The bucking fit was the FIRST ever. We didn't warm up in the ring doing boring canter poles, etc. like the last clinic. We headed straight outside so he had a wiggle on the whole time. Also, there were horse eating cows and sheep across the field - scary!.

I've been riding him hard the last few days, with no such incident. I just cannot wait to get out on the trail, we haven't been able to go at all this spring and I know that makes a big difference....lots of sweaty saddle pads and hills, etc. I'm too old to ride the bucking broncs...don't bounce like I used to.