PDA

View Full Version : The Riding Habit - Vendor at Pin Oak in Houston, April 2011

Dallasgreenie
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:52 AM
Does anyone know or heard of a traveling vendor that was at Pin Oak in Houston. "The riding Habit"

Ordered something in April, 2011 and nothing. Phone number doesn't work, no custom product shipped, address is house for sale.

Disputing on credit card today.

jaslyn1701
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Riding-Habit/368715371777

The Riding Habit has a FB page. There is a mention of losing their website recently, but it's back up. There is also a mention that they were at Pin Oak.

You might try contacting them there.

Good luck.

bjd2013
Aug. 30, 2011, 10:41 PM
Dallasgreenie, you are Unbelievable!!!!.My gut is just rolling over finding this!

You were not even our customer, but acted like you were. My customer, of course has her Boots and loves them. That is not because of your pitiful actions.

I am insulted that you have bad mouthed my business and including making untrue statements about being for sale and my phone not being correct. you also stated that you could not reach us even by website or e-mail. All lies. No one has ever had a problem getting to us and at any time of the day or night. Celine contacted us.

I have a 40 years of an undisputed reputation for being a very compassionate person. delivering the best service to all my customers, quality goods, and services is a statement we live by. I have even helped people who have purchased, with much dissatisfaction, purchases from other shops who would not help them or back up their products.

My customer, should have told you she has her boots. Why did you not ask her ? Instead you chose to accuse me. I had a situation with her thinking that she would get her boots in 6 weeks. I never told her that because I know boots will never come before 11-13 weeks. This is international business and one has much time spent in going through customs and the shipping agents. Maybe you and she should look at what you say before you condemn another making it sound like your the customer. WAS THIS TO to attract people to your website! Working on your credit card for a return?? Come on you bold face liar.

I want to see, on The Chronicle of the Horse, offer an apology. Be sure I get a copy. If not, I will write a very good report about how you have defamed my name and my lawyer will also be interested in this.

No one should have the right to say untruths about another person or business. You blogged and bad mouth and I cannot believe my customer would have allowed you to do that, especially for no reason.
On top of this, her boots where a free gift from me. Did she tell you that too? Your a bad person! Do not ignore this.

The Riding Habit
http://www.theridinghabit.com
E-Mail theridinghabit@yahoo.com
Phone 561 216 1716
Check us Out on Facebook Too

Wow. Bet you didn't see that one coming?

Dallasgreenie
Aug. 30, 2011, 10:53 PM
Boots arrived, thank you!

Tha Ridge
Aug. 30, 2011, 11:42 PM
Wow, really? So professional. The OP was simply wondering what the status was on something she ordered. There's no harm in that. :yes:

But... your outrageous response definitely ensures that I'd never want to buy something from you guys. :eek:

Long Spot
Aug. 31, 2011, 12:04 AM
Note to self: Do not use The Riding Habit.

Note to The Riding Habit: The above note to self is not because of anything Dallas said here. It's based solely on what YOU wrote in response.

bjd2013
Aug. 31, 2011, 12:18 AM
I sense they know each other and had a dispute or something. That's my opinion.

Monica67
Aug. 31, 2011, 05:31 AM
Anyone besides me after starting to read theridinghabit's response scroll back up to see if dallasgreenie edited her original post?

allintexas
Aug. 31, 2011, 09:11 AM
To the Riding Habit:

You do not sound like a compassionate professional to me! Based on your rant here, I would not want to do business with you and I won't. This kind of nastiness will not win you any friends or business, imho

LaurieB
Aug. 31, 2011, 09:18 AM
The Riding Habit did herself no favors by dragging this short thread back up nearly three months later. :no:

I'm guessing that must be how long it took the missing order to show up? :lol:

TackShopGal
Aug. 31, 2011, 09:21 AM
Goodness!
For "The Riding Habit" -
check yourself before posting on this board,
Your post DOES NOT put you or your company in a good light.

theridinghabit
Aug. 31, 2011, 10:08 AM
Sorry for any rashness/rudeness that readers may see in the response by The Riding Habit. The blog in June communicates that The Riding Habit cannot be trusted or traced and took money from a customer without delivery of a product and the customer is going to despite on the credit card charge. Well we all are taught that the customer is always right, but to the point A. She was not the customer. B. Disputing on a charge, when there wasn't any charge. We are hoping the blogger clears up this comedy as it reflects disparagement to The Riding Habit name. We fight hard for customers as customers will tell you. We must also defend ourselves. Those few remarks in June, probably should have just been ignored, but they hurt, and we didn't turn the other cheek.

Rio Blanco
Aug. 31, 2011, 10:27 AM
We are hoping the blogger clears up this comedy as it reflects disparagement to The Riding Habit name.

Um, I think your post that you have since deleted, but fortunately someone quoted your unprofessional rant in its entirety, speaks more about your company than any customer ever could. I wonder if Pin Oak will still be supporting such a vendor after reading this?

Tha Ridge
Aug. 31, 2011, 10:49 AM
The blog in June communicates that The Riding Habit cannot be trusted or traced and took money from a customer without delivery of a product and the customer is going to despite on the credit card charge.

Okay, first of all: this is not a "blog." It's an Internet forum where people come to ask questions and share opinions. The OP said nothing in her first post that was damning, inflammatory or lawsuit worthy. She was asking for contact information to inquire about an order. Whether it was her order or not, who cares? :eek:

(Knowing who the OP rides with, I assume it was her trainer's order, so I don't even see the issue with her inquiring on behalf of her trainer.)

Coreene
Aug. 31, 2011, 10:58 AM
Keep digging!

SGray
Aug. 31, 2011, 10:59 AM
Sorry for any rashness/rudeness that readers may see in the response by The Riding Habit. The blog in June communicates that The Riding Habit cannot be trusted or traced and took money from a customer without delivery of a product and the customer is going to despite on the credit card charge. Well we all are taught that the customer is always right, but to the point A. She was not the customer. B. Disputing on a charge, when there wasn't any charge. We are hoping the blogger clears up this comedy as it reflects disparagement to The Riding Habit name. We fight hard for customers as customers will tell you. We must also defend ourselves. Those few remarks in June, probably should have just been ignored, but they hurt, and we didn't turn the other cheek.

rule of thumb - take a deep breath and then review all posting before hitting submit button

EverAfter
Aug. 31, 2011, 12:45 PM
rule of thumb - take a deep breath and then review all posting before hitting submit button

And remember.. everything you post on the internet and then delete is never actually gone... a perfect example with the person who quoted your entire rant. ;)

Tiramit
Aug. 31, 2011, 02:43 PM
Interesting business tactic. Boldly and publicly paint one's self as an immature, unprofessional, litigation-prone ranter without a right vs. wrong filter or firm grasp on proper grammar.

Awesome move.

Wizard of Oz's
Aug. 31, 2011, 10:04 PM
Drama and attitude like that does not attract customers. I go to Pin Oak every year with a large barn and we will probably go to one of the other vendors next time we're there.

HunterMolly
Sep. 2, 2011, 04:47 PM
Agreed Wizard (and everyone else). What a nasty response to a post just inquiring for information.

courtmb45
Sep. 8, 2011, 11:12 AM
While I agree that RH's original post was unprofessional, I would have been just as angry. I know the owners and many of their happy customers, and know w/o doubt that this was a misunderstanding...one that could have ben avoided with clear communication. People can begin suspecting something shady if the circumstances are shady & they aren't "kept in the loop“ . Trust me, i've been there (a "reputable" high profile rider that I suspect of being less than honest). There are plenty crooks & people in biz that have no issue with ripping you off. Not the case w RH. They are good, hard working people, & they don't deserve some of the nasty remarks some have posted.

alto
Sep. 8, 2011, 11:20 AM
LaMundial Custom Riding Boots

:eek: so that's what that weird screen flash was all about ... :o

alto
Sep. 8, 2011, 11:34 AM
If this was in regard to La Mundial Custom Riding Boots :confused: a little research will indicate that the manufacturing company is generally the source of the breakdown in customer relations rather than the vendor.

La Mundial offers a fully custom riding boot at a very cheap price, to also expect fast & good is completely unrealistic - even Vogel & Der-Dau have the fit nightmare, s.l.o.w delivery, for sale cheap as after 2 yrs the boots still don't fit/are not a matched pair etc stories.

Did the shop representative make a mistake in the quoted posting, absolutely, BUT to judge an entire business on one outburst is rigid & lacking in perspective - sounds more like hate propaganda than reasoned thinkling.

Isabeau Z Solace
Sep. 8, 2011, 01:50 PM
Did the shop representative make a mistake in the quoted posting, absolutely, BUT to judge an entire business on one outburst is rigid & lacking in perspective - sounds more like hate propaganda than reasoned thinkling.

Well put.

tasia
Sep. 8, 2011, 05:21 PM
While I agree that RH's original post was unprofessional, I would have been just as angry. I know the owners and many of their happy customers, and know w/o doubt that this was a misunderstanding...one that could have ben avoided with clear communication. People can begin suspecting something shady if the circumstances are shady & they aren't "kept in the loop“ . Trust me, i've been there (a "reputable" high profile rider that I suspect of being less than honest). There are plenty crooks & people in biz that have no issue with ripping you off. Not the case w RH. They are good, hard working people, & they don't deserve some of the nasty remarks some have posted.

This:yes: