PDA

View Full Version : Culpeper HITS - first timer needs some help

twhs
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:53 AM
We're thinking of taking our granddaughter to Culpeper HITS in July which would be our first rated show. It's local for us -- an hour's drive and gd would most likely show in 3 w/t flat classes late Saturday morning and we'd go home after that.

On the form, I see nothing about fees or locations for parking the trailer or if it's ok to work from the trailer. Only see reservations for stalls.

Does anyone know if it's possible & convenient to work from the trailer? Is trailer parking near the rings? Is their enough room between trailers to tack up, etc?

Another option is waiting until the Aug & Sept shows in which case she'd probably enter s/s and we'd put the pony in a stall for the weekend. Just seems silly now for 3 w/t classes.

Thanks.

gotanda2
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:06 AM
Hi-- You can park your trailer and walk to the rings. You can go around the back and try to go under the trees (cooler but possibility of getting stuck if it's rainy)! or park in the back/side where people leave their trailers for the week. This will be a much longer walk to the ring. There should be enough room for you to work off the trailer.

I don't recall there being a day fee for shipping in, but I haven't been there in two years so it could have changed.

Good luck!

Rel6
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:07 PM
I'd say go ahead and ship in for w/t classes, and then if they guys have a good time come back from the weekend and do the ss. Unless you have to choose one or the other?

SidesaddleRider
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:29 PM
When I shipped in, there was a fee. It was $50, IIRC. But this was a couple of years ago.

ponymom64
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:38 PM
I know there is no daily ship in at HITS Saugerties, so would think there would not be at the other locations There is also no office fee, which I also think is a bonus - so you're only paying for your classes and the USEF fees. At least in Saugerties....

Prima Donna
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:36 PM
The fee for shipping in has been waived for at least the last year and there are no other office fees which makes the show relatively affordable.

HITS Culpeper is IMO a very nice show and pretty easy to work out of the trailer for. You park back near the stables. If it is rainy, be careful where you park b/c it gets muddy.

It is a little bit of a walk to the pony ring from the trailer parking but not terrible. And there is plenty of room for tacking up, etc.

Have fun!

twhs
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks you so very much! This first "fancy show" sounds do-able now for this nervous newbie! And it does sound like fun!

Rel6
Jun. 9, 2011, 03:56 PM
I know there is no daily ship in at HITS Saugerties, so would think there would not be at the other locations There is also no office fee, which I also think is a bonus - so you're only paying for your classes and the USEF fees. At least in Saugerties....

Thats not true...no ship in fee but I paid about $80 in other fees in addition to entries.

ponymom64
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:08 PM
Thats not true...no ship in fee but I paid about $80 in other fees in addition to entries.

I just doubled checked my bill and I only paid the division fee, fee for Classic and WIHS hunter plus the USEF fees and that was it

Rel6
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:41 PM
I just doubled checked my bill and I only paid the division fee, fee for Classic and WIHS hunter plus the USEF fees and that was it

Ohh maybe its the usef fees I'm thinking of and not office fee.

sarcam02
Jun. 9, 2011, 06:09 PM
I don't think that w/t classes would have the USEF member and other fees. Don't have all the details but I think they are exempt.

Go and have a blast

hr
Jun. 9, 2011, 09:14 PM
Gary Baker always said you had to canter to pay the fees.

MHM
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:22 PM
Gary Baker always said you had to canter to pay the fees.

:lol::lol::lol:

lucyeq
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:26 PM
No trailering in fee, I don't think. It's definitely doable to work out of the trailer if you're just going to be there for the day... Rent a golf cart if you don't want to do too much walking though haha. It's quite a walk from the trailers to the rings, especially if you show up on Saturday after everyone is already there and your trailer ends up in the back.

CadieEstes
Jun. 29, 2011, 10:31 AM
Anyone have a braider for Culpeper? Can't get ahold of one!!

HunterRider992
Jun. 29, 2011, 06:15 PM
Culpeper is such a sad show. It was so great once and now its falling down.

Mayaty02
Jun. 29, 2011, 07:04 PM
I don't think that w/t classes would have the USEF member and other fees. Don't have all the details but I think they are exempt.

Go and have a blast

This is how it was at Upperville, hopefully it's the same at HITS Culpeper