PDA

View Full Version : Essex Outlet Store -WOW!!!

Allie123
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:05 AM
Unbelievable buys at Essex Outlet Store! Just purchased 2 CoolMax Essex shirts at less than $40 each. Great shirts! I wear them with jeans too :)

kelsey97
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:45 AM
Do they have a website?

Allie123
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:54 AM
They do! Here's the link: http://www.essexclassicsoutlet.com

MyssMyst
Jun. 9, 2011, 01:21 PM
Nice! My husband is going to kill me...

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:27 PM
I could kill you right now :) First show in 6 yrs coming in a few weeks, time to go shopping!

flogarty
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:40 PM
They don't have any of the pretty white shirts in my size!! So sad. :(

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 9, 2011, 05:06 PM
They don't have any of the pretty white shirts in my size!! So sad. :(

Same here, I see 30 and 36, I need a 34. I would swim in a 36 and wouldn't be able to breath in a 30.

mortebella
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:00 PM
Man, they ship for free, too. Awesome :)

Allie123
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:17 PM
Same here, I see 30 and 36, I need a 34. I would swim in a 36 and wouldn't be able to breath in a 30.

I just purchased two white shirts in size 34 last week. Maybe check again next week - they might have them available then.

Guin
Jun. 10, 2011, 07:28 AM
Oh my, how did I not know about this?? :D

jump4me
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:33 PM
How does the Essex sizing run? I'm comfortable in a 36 in every other brand of shirts I own, but the one Essex 36 I have is a bit too small. I got it secondhand, so wondering if sizing runs normally but its previous owner washed it in hot water or something and it shrunk??

I'd love to get another (or two.. :winkgrin:) but don't want to get them too small.

`reppy
Jun. 10, 2011, 01:05 PM
They ship for free and when I bought a shirt a couple of months ago, I got it the very next day!

Equibrit
Jun. 10, 2011, 01:13 PM
I wonder who Allie123 works for ?

Cavalo
Jun. 10, 2011, 03:02 PM
Has anyone had these shipped to Ontario from this site? I've sent an email but would be curious to know if others got dinged with bad duty.

Thanks!

leilatigress
Jun. 10, 2011, 03:21 PM
Ack My husband is going to kill me but the deal of the day is the girl's shirt and DD just outgrew her show shirt and they have the blue in her size as well as the yellow and oh I am so going to be dead!
Wait how do I tell if it's short sleeve or long?

TarheelJD
Jun. 10, 2011, 03:35 PM
Wait how do I tell if it's short sleeve or long?

There are a few that specify short sleeved in the description, so I assumed that if the description didn't say short sleeved, they are long sleeved. But I could totally be wrong about that, which would be a bummer.

theinstigator
Jun. 10, 2011, 03:54 PM
The only shirts I have in my closet are Marigolds. I wear a size 14 Marigold and my GP coat is a 14, what size essex shirt would work? I'm thinking 36? 38??? Can anyone help?

I hate not having a tack store anywhere within 2 hours of home :(

And the ad for this website had been on the side of the COTH boards for a few days now, at least. I missed it at first too!

fordtraktor
Jun. 10, 2011, 04:02 PM
What is the point of the colored lining in the collar/cuffs, other than to make it impossible to bleach the shirts? I get colorful lining in hunt coats because sometimes you see it when it flips up, but I just don't understand the colored lining inside a cuff...am I missing something?

TarheelJD
Jun. 10, 2011, 05:48 PM
The only shirts I have in my closet are Marigolds. I wear a size 14 Marigold and my GP coat is a 14, what size essex shirt would work? I'm thinking 36? 38??? Can anyone help?

I'm not sure how they compare to Marigolds, but this might help: http://www.windgatesaddlery.com/Essex_Show_Shirt_Size_Chart_s/258.htm

Allie123
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:29 PM
What is the point of the colored lining in the collar/cuffs, other than to make it impossible to bleach the shirts? I get colorful lining in hunt coats because sometimes you see it when it flips up, but I just don't understand the colored lining inside a cuff...am I missing something?

Oh my gosh, the silk linings inside the collar/cuffs make the shirts so fashionable!! They are gorgeous designs that you see when you wear your collar open and roll up your sleeves.

crazyhorses
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:42 PM
I didn't know they offered free shipping. I have had this saved in my book marks for quite a while :D Just need to come up with some money and actually get my butt to a show :P

TheJenners
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:46 PM
If I guess right, can I get a cupcake?

Trixie
Jun. 10, 2011, 10:15 PM

Does it matter? I had no idea! :winkgrin:

karlymacrae
Jun. 10, 2011, 10:26 PM

Who cares.

karlymacrae
Jun. 10, 2011, 10:28 PM
:eek:

why don't I have any money right now?!?!

leilatigress
Jun. 10, 2011, 10:31 PM
Shot an email to the customer service and they quickly responded. All Essex shirts are long sleeved unless its a Dressage shirt and then those are short sleeve so 90% of what is on the outlet site is long sleeve which does not work for the DD or I in Texas.

fordtraktor
Jun. 10, 2011, 10:51 PM
Oh my gosh, the silk linings inside the collar/cuffs make the shirts so fashionable!! They are gorgeous designs that you see when you wear your collar open and roll up your sleeves.

Which is, oh, never? You really roll up your sleeves in a ratcatcher? :lol:

If I put a show shirt on before I actually show, especially a white one, I acquire a special magnetic field for dirt and green horse drool. I guess these shirts are for people with grooms/full service!

Luckily, it doesn't matter since I can bleach them to my heart's content and no one will see the bleached-out linings. And the prices are good!

ponyhunter7870
Jun. 10, 2011, 11:53 PM

schooling, too! like warming up for classes and stuff

ktm2007
Jun. 11, 2011, 01:21 AM

I hate not having a tack store anywhere within 2 hours of home :(

And the ad for this website had been on the side of the COTH boards for a few days now, at least. I missed it at first too!

I am a 14 tall slim in GP, and I wear a 36 shirt in the essex. I can get away with a 38 just fine too, it is just a little bit big. :D

ExJumper
Jun. 11, 2011, 11:58 AM
Shot an email to the customer service and they quickly responded. All Essex shirts are long sleeved unless its a Dressage shirt and then those are short sleeve so 90% of what is on the outlet site is long sleeve which does not work for the DD or I in Texas.

We've debated this before, and I understand that everyone has personal preferences, but I must say that I really don't understand this. I would rather have my sweaty arms sticking to my shirt and sliding freely through my jacket sleeves while I'm riding that sticking directly to the inside of my jacket sleeves and catching my elbows in fabric over every fence.

But to each her own, I suppose!

Trixie
Jun. 11, 2011, 12:43 PM
I don't either - then again I was always taught long sleeve shirts no matter what. Plus nothing sticks that way.

I like the contrasting cuffs and collar. I actually roll up the sleeves and open the collars on mine a fair amount, but that's just me.

karlymacrae
Jun. 11, 2011, 01:43 PM
I guess these shirts are for people with grooms/full service!

:lol::lol:

You don't take your jacket off after you ride and roll up the sleeves on your shirt/undo the collar?? come on :rolleyes:

PolymerChem
Jun. 11, 2011, 02:30 PM
So I've seen a size chart for adult sizes, is there one for kid (girls, I guess) sizes?

brooksbaby
Jul. 12, 2011, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know of a phone number of someone to reach at Essex? I ordered 2 shirts from the outlet last Tuesday and have not received them yet. The tracking number they gave me does not work and I have sent them numerous emails with no response. I really really need them by this Friday.

pinwheel
Jul. 12, 2011, 09:25 PM
Great web site! I noticed that all of the white ladies' shirts have a pocket on them. Isn't that kind of weird/would it look weird to wear that? Anyone know if this site ever carries show shirts without the pocket?

indygirl2560
Jul. 12, 2011, 09:42 PM
Great web site! I noticed that all of the white ladies' shirts have a pocket on them. Isn't that kind of weird/would it look weird to wear that? Anyone know if this site ever carries show shirts without the pocket?
I was thinking that too, as none of my other Essex shirts have pockets. I figure that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference with a jacket on though...

Allie123
Jul. 13, 2011, 01:49 AM
Does anyone know of a phone number of someone to reach at Essex? I ordered 2 shirts from the outlet last Tuesday and have not received them yet. The tracking number they gave me does not work and I have sent them numerous emails with no response. I really really need them by this Friday.

Try essexclassics@aol.com.

karlymacrae
Jul. 13, 2011, 02:57 AM

My Essex shirt has a pocket, it's not weird at all!

Halfhalting
Jul. 13, 2011, 11:26 AM
I ordered mid last week and just received them. I ordered two shirts, each a different size, and am pleasantly surprised that the smaller size shirt fits perfectly! And even better, the other shirt which was white and a size bigger fits pretty good too - so no returns! :)

xxreddxheaddxx
Jul. 13, 2011, 11:28 AM
At the farm house this weekend I got 3 show shirts for $75!!!!

Renn/aissance
Jul. 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
Oh goodness, I need no excuses to go shopping- I'm about to not horse show for several years, I don't need clothes, I don't need clothes...

Maybe my sister needs clothes. I can shop for her, right? :lol:

shoponee70
Jul. 13, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hey i saw this and thought I'd share -
Farm house has all there traditional collar white shirts on sale for 25 bucks each. ladies and girls. :) I picked up 2 yesterday in the store but you can buy online ( farmhousetack.com (http://www.farmhousetack.com/servlet/the-2761/White-Show-Shirts-From/Detail)) or call them if you want a specific color contrast in the collar / cuffs. :)

if you get 2 they ship free online :O sweet :)
ooops!
phone! 864-457-3557

LoveJubal
Jul. 13, 2011, 03:36 PM
We've debated this before, and I understand that everyone has personal preferences, but I must say that I really don't understand this. I would rather have my sweaty arms sticking to my shirt and sliding freely through my jacket sleeves while I'm riding that sticking directly to the inside of my jacket sleeves and catching my elbows in fabric over every fence.

But to each her own, I suppose!

This happens to me too! Even though I am drenched in sweat, I would rather have my arms sliding through my jacket freely as well! :yes:

Pirateer
Jul. 13, 2011, 04:17 PM
I don't need any shirts.
I haven't been on a horse in almost a year.
I haven't shown since 2008.

Don't. Need. Shirts.

karlymacrae
Jul. 13, 2011, 09:33 PM
Everyone, feel free to shop for me ;)

Can't say I didn't try..

3eme
Jul. 14, 2011, 12:07 AM
Anyone know what "Essex fitted dressage silhouette" would mean? I am dressage illiterate :D --- is there something different about dressage shirts?

Secondly, the ones I am looking at are size XS - S - M - L instead of the usual sizing. Anyone know anything about this sizing? If I recall, I am a 34 or maybe 36 in regular Essex. Happen to know if I can assume that I am a small?

An example of one I am looking at :

http://031c4b1.netsolstores.com/solitoladies-244l.aspx

monalisa
Jul. 14, 2011, 09:55 AM
I love their shirts! The Outlet is a great place to find them at a great price.

www.horsecountrychic.com

goldponies
Jul. 14, 2011, 10:42 AM
Farmhouse said no free shipping on closeouts :(