PDA

View Full Version : PDutty Camp Blog - June 12 -17!!!

CMCEventer
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:19 AM
My PDutty Camp Blog starts Sunday June 12, 2011!!
http://www.golightlysporthorses.blogspot.com/

HI EVERYONE!
Some of you may remember that in 2009, I wrote my "Cherie and Katchi get Duttonized" blog while I spent a week at Phillip Dutton's Eventing Academy. I had so much fun with it - and everyone from COTH kept me so motivated to keep writing despite the long days and technical difficulties in learning how to manage my first attempt at a blog!! I hope you all will do it for me again this year!
2009 Blog: http://cheriegetsduttonized.blogspot.com/

The blog location is different this year - I'll be writing it on my "regular" blog, Golightly Sport Horses. http://www.golightlysporthorses.blogspot.com/ I'm planning to do daily (or more!) updates from camp, and I'm counting on you all for input on what you want to hear about, to see more of, for me to ask Phillip, or whatever! If you have requests, post a comment here or to my blog, or email me at cheriechauvin@hotmail.com

Just to get you all excited about camp... we have received word that despite the tragedy at TPF, camp will go on! We'll be stabled with Boyd Martin, where he has relocated (the old vet clinic just up the hill from Phillip's). We arrive on Sunday, and activities start on Monday - with every camper having a private dressage lesson with Phillip and also a separate private position lesson with Ryan Wood! During the week, we will also be working with a physical fitness trainer who has encouraged us to bring whatever matts and equipment we have for her to help us with! For dinners, we have on the agenda a pool party at Phillip's house (a personal favorite event from 2009!) and a Mexican fiesta dinner on the final night! We get the full agenda on Sunday when we arrive, so I'll post it on my blog as soon as I can!

My mom is flying in from California today to be my groom - she might be more excited than I am about camp!! Maybe I'll ask her to do a guest blog this year!

So, folks - PLEASE help me make this blog interesting and helpful to everyone reading it! Send your comments, thoughts, and requests, and most of all - READ IT!!! :) http://www.golightlysporthorses.blogspot.com/

Cherie

Duckz
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:51 AM
YAY!!! I can't wait to live vicariously through you and Katchi next week! :D Have fun, and ask your mom to take lots of pictures.

BestHorses
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:08 PM
Cool! I loved reading your last camp blog. I really liked seeing the pics of life around the farm such as the wall of shame. Hehe

Have a blast and I'm sure you will have plenty to write about based on the schedule you already mentioned. :)

BestHorses
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:12 PM
P.S. Ask PD if he likes us calling him PDutty. :)

CMCEventer
Jun. 9, 2011, 05:44 PM
Omg BestHorses!!! I am SO going to ask that! :)

BestHorses
Jun. 9, 2011, 06:19 PM
:lol: Sweet!

kcmel
Jun. 10, 2011, 07:33 AM
What fun! Can't wait to read all about it.

retreadeventer
Jun. 10, 2011, 09:32 AM
I hope to be up there at least one day to help! Can't wait to see you, Cheri. (Not riding but just on foot.)

snoopy
Jun. 10, 2011, 11:25 AM
P.S. Ask PD if he likes us calling him PDutty. :)

What an odd name for him...considering its connotation. I mean Phillip is so...um...white!:winkgrin:

ake987
Jun. 10, 2011, 01:47 PM
I don't think I have ever felt more jealous before, that is SO FREAKIN' COOL. I think what snagged the jealousy of the highest kind was the mention of a Mexican fiesta. Horseback riding with world-class riders and my favorite foods? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

LOL, have so much fun, and I can't wait to read your posts!

Duckz
Jun. 10, 2011, 05:15 PM
I don't think I have ever felt more jealous before, that is SO FREAKIN' COOL. I think what snagged the jealousy of the highest kind was the mention of a Mexican fiesta. Horseback riding with world-class riders and my favorite foods? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

LOL, have so much fun, and I can't wait to read your posts!

Come next year! I'm saving pennies and vacation days for 2012 :D

CMCEventer
Jun. 12, 2011, 08:32 PM
We've all arrived at camp! First post is up with the schedule for the rest of the week - can hardly wait to get started!!!
Hope you all enjoy the posts...
Cherie

BestHorses
Jun. 16, 2011, 09:23 AM
I just saw the most recent post and of course I LOVE it!!!!! It's like I talked to PDutty himself - well, with one degree of separation. ;)

Looks like you are doing some serious riding over there and will be needing a vacation to recuperate after it's all over.

Thanks for sharing!

cllane1
Jun. 17, 2011, 10:11 AM
Cherie, I'm in love with Katchi! I adore his jumping style!

Larissa
Jun. 17, 2011, 10:32 AM
Oh Cherie, you guys look amazing. You have got some serious skills to make that horse look so rideable :lol: I particularly loved the "Okay so" show jumping rounds. Really, really nice. I can't wait to stalk your blog through your Prelim debut! Or perhaps to come in person. You're debuting on my 30th birthday! Not sure whether that would be good luck or if lightning may strike us all dead, I'm torn about which way 30 is going to go for me :winkgrin:

DiablosHalo
Jun. 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
I was excited to read the greenbeans were at the camp. I would have signed up - but thought it was for serious riders only. I'm so excited for next year. I just started back after 12years and doing elementary this year. Hoping to do Intro next year. I have no desire to go above that level. Mayyyybe BN if I can ride more than 1x/week-lol! Hopefully I can get some of this baby weight off and get 1/2 fit by next year.

retreadeventer
Jun. 17, 2011, 01:46 PM
Oh no, L., it is DEFINITELY for any level. You would have had a blast, but how are you going to manage the kids for five days? Hubby? But you can go home at night, you are close enough. I would have done this year, but I am very glad I did not commit, as the SO's hospitilization would have cost me a forfeit; however, I am really going to try to go next year. Karen does a phenomenal job helping organize, and they all just have so much fun together. I have video of Hilary and Kim I am trying to post but it keeps crashing my computer. Please check back guys and I'll post the link when I figure out how to load it. H.

retreadeventer
Jun. 17, 2011, 01:48 PM
Oh by the way I watched Cheri yesterday and she is so hard on herself :). She looked fabulous and was riding REALLY well. Yes, mistakes, but the work they were doing was hard. She looks awesome and Kachi was going super! Also Alyssa on her very lovely horse. Actually all the campers looked good, if you want to know...I was very impressed! And wished I was riding! of course!

DiablosHalo
Jun. 17, 2011, 03:12 PM
H... let me know if you go - I'll go with you! Of course, we'll be in two different sections but we can muck together- lol! You can stay at my house if you don't want to pay for the hotel. I'll drive back/forth. My hubby will handle the kids - he's actually VERY hands on, even changing diapers! He's awesome! I would commute just so I can save on the hotel fees.

I was just thinking that if I can stay consistent on riding 1x/week this summer and 2x/week this fall - maybe I'll board down the street w/the indoor this winter and get "back into it" a bit. Who knows?!?

Either way - I'm going to roll pennies and poke around at hubby to see if I can go next year!

Gilbo
Jun. 17, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm also green with envy! I thought the camp was only for riders showing at higher levels too, so perhaps I will save my pennies for next year's clinic as well!

CMCEventer
Jun. 18, 2011, 11:23 AM
THANK YOU to everyone for reading the blog and for your comments!! :) And thanks retreadeventer for coming out and cheering us on! Great to see you again, and always appreciate the moral support from fellow eventers!

Hope to meet some of you soon and maybe even see you at camp next year! It really is an amazing week - I just can't say enough about Phillip or the week TPF puts together for us!

The final day's post will be up soon...

WishIWereRiding
Jun. 18, 2011, 05:49 PM
I am thinking I will do the camp next year if my schedule permits! Thanks for the great blog!

annikak
Aug. 29, 2011, 08:59 PM
Just read your blog...what fun! Added to my list of 'things I must do' thanks to your blog!!