PDA

View Full Version : White Breeches, spruce meadows

alicewindsor
Jun. 8, 2011, 11:22 PM
I recently heard that you have to wear white breeches for every class at spruce meadows. I am competing at the canada one and north america in the 1.30m.

Do i have to wear whites in every class or can i wear tan breeches?

KaChing
Jun. 8, 2011, 11:44 PM
It depends on which ring you're are showing in. All Canada, Meadows on the Green, and International Ring you HAVE to wear white breeches. The other rings you can wear tan.

Giddy-up
Jun. 9, 2011, 09:29 AM
It does depend on the ring, but since you are doing 1.30 I am going to guess you will be in one of the 3 rings KaChing mentioned.

Have fun! :)

eclipse
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:01 AM
What KaChing said! You will see tan breaches at Spruce, but they are at the lower heights (1.25 and below) and in the other rings than mentioned. Mini Prix days for ALL rings you will see only whites in all clases. Better to be over-dressed at Spruce than underdressed, so wear your whites and see what everyone else is doing! Just remember, jackets and shirts are NOT an option and must be worn every time in every class! Go have fun and enjoy riding on rings that are like galloping on a golf course, there's really no experiance like it! :D

alicewindsor
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks.
I just looked at the schedule and I am showing in the All Canada, Meadows on the green, and North American rings.
I guess I will be buying another pair of whites!

karlymacrae
Jun. 10, 2011, 01:24 AM
Whites go to breeches heaven at spruce meadows.. don't fall off.. LOL

Polydor
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:55 AM
Don't forget to pack your rain gear!!! Ignore what the weather man says and pack it. It never fails to rain and its normally does at least 2 days out of the show!

Investing in the rain pants to warm up in and strip off before going into ring are handy and maybe even to show in if stewards allow it.

Have fun!

P.