PDA

View Full Version : Saturday is buy a helmet day- best deals?

trekgrl
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:54 PM
Anyone know of any good helmet sales out there this weekend?

SquirrellyBred
Jun. 8, 2011, 11:00 PM
Equus Now is offering 20% off helmets on the 11th! I highly recommend them - I've made several purchases through their website and they've been a pleasure to deal with. Generally free shipping on $100 or more.

ClassNTime
Jun. 8, 2011, 11:24 PM
I got an e-mail from Dover at some point in the last few days... I did not really pay attention to it very closely, I just know most helmets are going to be on sale.

socrjul
Jun. 9, 2011, 09:50 AM
I talked to dover this morning. The response I got was interesting. Something to the effect of "GPA is not offering a generous discount" so to give a "bigger" discount they are going to roll back the prices to the black numbers on the website and offer the discount on the full MSRP- pretty much eliminating any worthwhile discount.

fordtraktor
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:34 AM
Socrjul, that is likely not Dover's fault. Some manufacturers set minimum prices and the store can't go below them, it is in their distributorship contracts and very common, and legal. GPA is well-known to do this.

Giddy-up
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:34 AM
A tack shop by me is offering 20% off including GPAs. Not sure what their original price is though.

MR
Jun. 9, 2011, 01:28 PM
When I chatted with a Dover CS rep online yesterday, she confirmed that teh GPA discount is 15% off the List Print (normal "black" text price in the catalog; not off the coupon/discount/"red" price). It's still less than the coupon price, but don't forget to add back in shipping (+ tax depending on your state).

I didn't ask specifically about other helmet brands, but I believe they are honoring the discounts from all manufacturers that are participating.

Unfortunately, our local tack shops aren't participating (boo!), but their in-store regular price is the same as Dover's catalog List price - and they give a number of "local" discounts (pros, some specific barns, etc).

kateh
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:27 PM
Damn, just ordered a helmet at my local tack store!

Troispony
Jun. 9, 2011, 03:06 PM
Damn, just ordered a helmet at my local tack store!

Same here! I bought myself a graduation present 1 week too soon.

maxxtrot
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:56 PM
seems like smart pack has the best deals, i looked all day. 20% off and free shipping. can't wait till sat. new charles owen ayr8 in blue!

Ethan & Ella's Mom
Jun. 9, 2011, 05:26 PM
I want a GPA Air S. Has anyone seen if this helmet is on sale?

Little Indian
Jun. 9, 2011, 06:02 PM
Calabasas Saddlery will have all in stock helmets on sale.

Belair
Jun. 9, 2011, 06:10 PM
I just got an email from St. Croix Saddlery that they're offering 20% off all helmets including GPA's on the 11th.

Kitty
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:04 PM
Beval is also offering a 20% discount on Saturday on all models including GPA!!

shedllybip
Jun. 9, 2011, 09:16 PM
My tack shop is offering 20% off ALL helemts that day - even if we have to order it for you. Give us a call! The Hunting Horn 585-385-9690. AND i will toss in free shipping. We do GPA, Charles Owen, Ovation, International

rooroo8
Jun. 9, 2011, 09:40 PM
I just got an email from Legacy Tack that all their helmets are 20% off from June 10 to June 12.

Dover Customer Service
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:45 PM
Just to clarify, for the National Helmet Awareness Day, our GPA discount will be 20% off MSRP (black price) which is the lowest price allowed by this manufacture for this day only.

NeverCanWait
Jun. 10, 2011, 05:20 PM
Sounds like a holiday to me! Think I may have an excuse to finally get a new helmet! 20% off and free shipping have been the best deals I have seen as well.

Stellar_moves
Jun. 10, 2011, 05:46 PM
I don't know, but I really need a new Charles Owens GR8! anyone know of any good deals on those?

twhs
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know how much Dover is discounting the Charles Owens helmets tomorrow?

maxxtrot
Jun. 10, 2011, 07:55 PM
just found out a friends tack shop in ga. is doing 20% and free shipping and a free gift as well. charles owen for sure and i think maybe gpa's too.
www.shophorsepower.com
check it out.