PDA

View Full Version : Who is Sabine Hellweg?

vineyridge
Jun. 8, 2011, 01:09 PM
She is credited as the new owner of a two month old foal by Totilas (Total Ideal) who sold for 105k euros at the June 4th Vechta sale. She's from Bad Homburg, Germany.

So who is she? Baby must be aimed for a dressage home. Is she a pinhooker? A Straw Man for the Totilas connections? A wealthy young horse starter and trainer? An up and coming dressage star? A dressage star? Or your ordinary horse loving rich person with more money than sense? What's her connection to the dressage world?

Now that she has him, what's his likely future?

atr
Jun. 8, 2011, 01:38 PM
Hmmm... one letter different in her last name and she'd be my sister in law--and from Hamburg, no less...

Maybe the family are planning a suprise gift for me!

CFFarm
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:15 AM
Going to this women's barn. I don't speak German but you can pick out dressurpferde, Oldenburger etc.

http://www.xing.com/profile/Kerstin_Klieber

merrygoround
Jun. 9, 2011, 03:40 PM
She appears to be a very pretty pediatrician with an interest in horses.

siegi b.
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:41 PM
What does Sabine Hellweg have to do with Dr. Kerstin Klieber???

vineyridge
Jun. 9, 2011, 09:02 PM
I looked at the barn's website, and while I don't read German, one of their news headlines is that they have had a horse they bred (?) go to Edward Gal's barn this spring. The barn's dressage pro is named Stefan Sandbrink. The Farm name for breeding is Sandbrink.

What this all has to do with Total Ideal and Sabine Hellweg is beyond me. I googled that name without the search term Totilas and came up with zilch in the first three pages of results.

I just found the story on Horseweb.de which starts off with Total Ideal but then goes on to say that Festball sold for 50K Euros at the same sale and will move to the barn of Dr. Kristin Klieber.

Another Toto foal just sold privately for 50K Euros. This one has Krack C as the damsire.
Story and video here:
http://www.lickleyhorses.com/2011/06/another-totilas-sells-for-50000-euro/