PDA

View Full Version : SpinOff: Adults on Ponies at 'A' shows and Cost?

NiQi
Jun. 8, 2011, 12:13 PM
So my large pony comes back in July from being out on lease for the past 2 years. YAY! soo excited. Ive decided that I am going to show him, since I never really got the opportunity to show him seriously before I leased him out(for financial reasons). Im hoping her hasnt changed too much since I last rode him. Im 5'4 so I can just barley fit on him. He has a big enough step to make the horse strides, not too worried about that. but its been years since I did an A rated show.

So what classes at the rated shows could we do? I've looked at some prize lists, and they all vary so much. Any adults showing ponies lately? What classes did you do?
Also im looking for a ball park of what your last show cost you? lets say a 3-4 day A rated? Trailering, stalls, braiding, coaching ect ect what did you final show bill come too?
Thanks you COTHers

kelsey97
Jun. 8, 2011, 04:58 PM
As long as your pony doesn't show in any pony hunter classes at that show, you can show him in any of the Adult classes or unrated classes like Low Hunter...it really depends how high you'd like to jump. Best for you to read the prizelist to determine which classes you and your pony are eligible to do. I would also ask your trainer to suggest which division he/she thinks you would be most competitive in. As for cost, it can really vary from trainer to trainer and from show to show. If you ask your trainer how much it will cost I'm sure he/she will give you a breakdown.

This is what I spent on the last A show I went to:
1. Entries, stall, fees etc $395
2. Paid trainer $45 per day for schooling X 3 days
3. Paid groom $10 per day for am feeding X 3 days plus $20 tip
4. Hotel $59 per night X 2 nights
5. Trainer expenses split $50
6. I hauled, groomed, and braided horse myself.

Pirateer
Jun. 8, 2011, 05:10 PM
Since your final costs for a show can vary significantly, you might want to ask your trainer if they have a fee schedule, or a sample show statement.

Then combine that with show costs (from a prizelist) and you should be able to get an accurate number.