PDA

View Full Version : Need help w name at shands hospital

gold2012
Jun. 8, 2011, 09:42 AM
As you know my father is in ICU in small hospital in brooksville fl. He has ARDS and his only hope at this point is an oscillating vent. However they don't have one or doc who can use here. Tampa General is full and looking like it could be a week to get him in...he doesnt have a week. We are a close knit family, us eventers, and horse people, please, I beg, I need a pulmonoligist at Shands in Gainesville. ASAP. Thank you so much guys.

betonbill
Jun. 8, 2011, 09:53 AM
Drs. Richard Berry is with Pulmonary at Shands. Don't know if they have what you are looking for, but maybe it's a start. The number for Pulmonary at Shands is 352-265-0457.

Brooksville refers patients to Shands all the time. Haven't they already done this?

gold2012
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah, we seem to have the soca who r not sure. Have passed info along.

gold2012
Jun. 8, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hi guys.

Dada is pretty bad. We r hitting brick walls to get him transferred. Tampa General is supposedly full...may be week or more. We will be lucky if he makes it another night. Have call in to the above number but the red tape to go through is astronomical. if there is anyone who has more pull then this little worker bee, please help! Thx for the jingles and help!!!!

Moderator 1
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:55 AM
We have to close this thread as it isn't horse-related, but wish the OP and her father the best. Feel free to contact each other via private message if you have any leads or advice for her.

Best,
Mod 1