PDA

View Full Version : Upperville Free Live Webcast

EQTV
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:06 AM
Free Live Webcast of the Upperville Colt and Horse Show's main Hunter and Jumper Rings.

www.equestriansport.tv

MHM
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:19 AM
Ruh roh.

So much for my to-do list for the day! :lol:

Mara
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:27 AM
I had this on yesterday. Much to my dismay, the link is FABULOUS! (The "dismay" comes from th fact that I got no work done).

designequine
Jun. 8, 2011, 11:12 AM
No more productivity for me either today :D

I've never seen/been to Upperville, but that is the coolest hunter course! :cool:

giddybiddy
Jun. 8, 2011, 01:44 PM
There goes my day as well!

Such a cool course!

etopolsk
Jun. 8, 2011, 01:54 PM
Is there another link if you can't download silverlight

EQTV
Jun. 8, 2011, 04:40 PM
bump

my_doran
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:28 AM
watched most of it..was a awesome webcast...btw does anyone know what happened to the rider that got tossed over a fence in the green confo class with the grey(insert rider /horse name here).hope she was okay!

3eme
Jun. 9, 2011, 09:16 AM
1) what class is on in the jumper ring right now? It looks like at least 1.30M?

2) when can I see the A/O jumpers?

3) THANK YOU THANK YOU EQTV for this link!

TooManyChickens
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:48 AM
I was standing at the in-gate when the rider mentioned above fell.. she did walk out and seemed to be ok, as did the horse.

After watching this webcast for years I finally made the trek there yesterday to watch in person.. what a wonderful experience! It was amazing to see such incredible horses, and of course, nom on some great food. I took lots of pics, and I think the highlight of my day was getting to hang by the in-gate to get as close as I could to Touchdown.. that horse is amazing.. and SO sweet! He loved to get rubs from Scott and his grooms, such a cute horse. Scott had another mount in the HP classes, Garfield, who was just as cute and as snuggly. I've always been impressed with Scott as a ride of course, but it was great to see him behind the scenes really enjoying the mounts he had.

EQTV
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:43 AM
It was Molly Sewell who had the fall yesterday. She is fine, I spoke to her yesterday.

horsegal301
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:55 AM
screen cast buffers every 5-7 seconds for me, doesn't this defeat the point? =/

RumoursFollow
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:03 PM
horsegal your connection must be slow.. mine has run without a single bobble for two days in a row.

horsegal301
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:10 PM
=/ Have a solid wireless connection and plugged in the ethernet cord. It's fine when the camera is still, but I struggled to follow the horse for some reason... getting a little better the more I watch, though.

EQTV
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:19 PM
Which feed are you having a problem viewing the Hunter or Jumper or both?

Try running a speed test on your connection using this link

www.speedtest.net

You need a minimum of 768kbs download speed to watch.

reefy!
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:59 PM
I was watching the hunter ring (and thank you EQTV for the super quality, I so looked forward to watching this year!!!).

The hunter ring is no longer viewable, just buffered and never came back.

I can get the jumper ring just fine.

Anyone else having problems w/the hunter feed??

mestel
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:59 PM
Is this personal conversation on the Jumper feed making anyone else uncomfortable? I feel like telling them that they are RIGHT next to the camera...but I also feel like listening?

Natalie A
Jun. 9, 2011, 01:01 PM
Me too! And is the hunter ring done for the morning? A message saying when it will be back would be nice, never know when it's a connection issue or if they're taking a break... But thanks so much for this service!

ETA: guess it's a connection issue. Back up, sort of... lots of buffering on my fast connection.

EQTV
Jun. 9, 2011, 01:32 PM
We are having a problem with our upload speed the internet provider is working on resolving the problem. They say we should be back soon.

my_doran
Jun. 9, 2011, 01:50 PM
mine started to buffer and then not come back towards the end of the hunter classes,otherwise till then worked fine.

good to hear molly and horse were okay..thanx for update on that;)

EQTV
Jun. 9, 2011, 01:58 PM
Our Upload speeds seem to be increasing and the feed is almost back to normal. Roadstar to the rescue.

trekgrl
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:30 PM
nothing like having a very private conversation go very public! Maybe they should have spent that $250,000 on a horse instead of on a party? haha

EQTV
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:53 PM
We get at least one of those type of conversations every year.

remyman55
Jun. 9, 2011, 03:21 PM
i would love to ride in that hunter ring. thats a fantastic setup/course!

3eme
Jun. 9, 2011, 03:27 PM
What class is in the jumper ring right now?

EQTV
Jun. 9, 2011, 03:31 PM
Adult Amateur Jumper

Kitty
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:41 PM
I remember the EQTV webcast from Cap Challenge having a special link for iPad. Or I thought so. Anything like that for Upperville or future webcasts??

EQTV
Jun. 9, 2011, 05:13 PM
Sunday we will have the Ipad and Iphone streams available during the Grand Prix.

PonyPuzzle
Jun. 9, 2011, 05:55 PM
are you required to download silverlight to watch?

EQTV
Jun. 9, 2011, 06:11 PM
You need the silverlight player to view the webcast. It is a free download

VirginiaBred
Jun. 9, 2011, 06:36 PM
Thanks for doing this!!! :)

EQTV
Jun. 9, 2011, 06:53 PM
Your Welcome. Please thank Norden Equine Worldwide Insurance for Sponsoring the Webcast.

PonyPuzzle
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:06 PM
what class is in the hunter ring currently?

PolymerChem
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:08 PM
nothing like having a very private conversation go very public! Maybe they should have spent that $250,000 on a horse instead of on a party? haha

I'm sorry I missed it! :lol:

I just have to keep telling myself that it is wrong to have a feed up while I'm at work. At least there are evening classes!

reefy!
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:33 PM
Oh yeah THANK YOU to Norden for sponsoring it :)

I have lost both feeds, hoping the hunter ring comes back for the late in the day eq stuff!!

CThorse
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:33 PM
it just stopped working for me... how is everyone elses?

PolymerChem
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:34 PM
it just stopped working for me... how is everyone elses?

Mine died as well, as they were doing the drag before the Eq classes. The announcer was talking about approaching bad weather, so I assumed there was a weather-related connection issue.

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 9, 2011, 07:46 PM
Just started watching but nothing there. Since you said it could be bad weather and other feeds died, can someone post back when they see something so I know if it's my computer?

Kitty
Jun. 9, 2011, 08:02 PM
Yes thanks for a wonderful webcast! It's great to be able to see both rings and to hear the announcers as well. The Welcome Class today was fantastic!! So looking forward to the Sunday GP!! THanks again!!

LulaBell
Jun. 9, 2011, 08:43 PM
Thank you! Just found this, such a bummer that I didn't earlier in the day! Are they done for the day?

dp1092
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:23 PM
Did anyone else's feed stop during the medal? Does the live feed stop at a certain time or did something happen?

remyman55
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:46 PM
the rain, they had to cancel the big eq

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:51 PM

Thanks!

remyman55
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks!

no problem! wish that wasnt the case though, would of loved to see that.

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:57 PM
no problem! wish that wasnt the case though, would of loved to see that.

I know! But I would love to see anything! I think I got on right after they shut down for rain, oh well. I guess I'll have to try tomorrow!

dp1092
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:23 PM

Bummer! Are they rescheduling it?

remyman55
Jun. 9, 2011, 11:39 PM
Bummer! Are they rescheduling it?

im not sure, i can ask my friend and ill post what she says.

EQTV
Jun. 10, 2011, 09:02 AM
The Equitation was moved to the Jumper Ring starting the day today after the Thunderstorm yesterday. Check it out on the jumper feed.

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 10, 2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks so much!! It's working!

RxCate
Jun. 10, 2011, 11:12 AM
whoever is on course now in the jumper ring (guy in teh blue polo), I keep sitting here going "get his head UP!" - it's killing me how that horse has his head to his chest, don't know if he's rooting, or who knows...

Jumper_girl221
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:15 PM
Whats going on in the hunter ring right now? I wanted to say handy hunter...but looking at the horse that just left, schooling?

RumoursFollow
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:18 PM
Two younger smalls trips.. a regular one and a handy.

Jumper_girl221
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:20 PM
Hmmm must be the handy (or an eq class) the following horses have been much...smoother.

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 10, 2011, 12:52 PM
whoever is on course now in the jumper ring (guy in teh blue polo), I keep sitting here going "get his head UP!" - it's killing me how that horse has his head to his chest, don't know if he's rooting, or who knows...

I was thinking the same thing, followed by 'Oh **** gonna be late for work!'. And then guess what I'm doing at work....there goes my day:yes:

SSacky
Jun. 10, 2011, 05:55 PM
Is the welcome going to be streamed or is that a different field?

lucyeq
Jun. 10, 2011, 05:59 PM
Is the welcome going to be streamed or is that a different field?

Yes, they're starting it at 5. It isn't loading for me, though... I've been watching on and off all day but it just randomly stopped working?

LulaBell
Jun. 10, 2011, 06:40 PM
Is anyone else out of the country and trying to watch? I can't get either ring to come up, but archived videos are loading fine.

Anyone know if it only works in the US?

refresh
Jun. 10, 2011, 07:27 PM
It's working for me, good jump off so far! Victoria Colvin just took the lead... a few more to go

SSacky
Jun. 10, 2011, 07:27 PM
Is anyone else out of the country and trying to watch? I can't get either ring to come up, but archived videos are loading fine.

Anyone know if it only works in the US?

Currently watching the Open (Jumper ring) in Canada.

Hunter ring is done for the day so not broadcasting.:)

PaintPony
Jun. 11, 2011, 01:50 PM
There is no sound on the feed today! :(

EQTV
Jun. 11, 2011, 03:42 PM
Our Free coverage of the $75,000 Upperville Jumper Classic begins at 1 pm EST.

Schedule
1pm Terrier Racing
1:30 Carriage Driving Concours d'Elegance
2:30 First Horse in the Grand Prix

www.equestriansport.tv

We will run a silverlight feed and also a feed compatible with Ipads and Iphones and Android phones.

SSacky
Jun. 11, 2011, 03:53 PM
Is anyone else only getting a blackscreen with the Norden Equine logo for the hunter ring. The jumper rings working fine and I'm actually still getting the sound from the hunter ring just no picture :p

PolymerChem
Jun. 11, 2011, 03:59 PM
They fixed the hunter ring now :)

musicinmotion101
Jun. 11, 2011, 06:26 PM
Mine's still a black screen in Hunter ring

Edit:Just kidding, working now

SSacky
Jun. 11, 2011, 06:59 PM
Curious, have they run the older Children's Hunters? They just finished the youngers and on the schedule the olders went next, but the announcer said they were done all performance classes. Did they hold them together and I just didn't notice or were they moved to another ring?

PaintPony
Jun. 12, 2011, 04:00 PM
The sound is off again on the feed. :(