PDA

View Full Version : boarding in the main line Philly area

DieBlaueReiterin
Jun. 8, 2011, 08:43 AM
Hello, I don't post on this forum much but I am moving my horse this summer and it was recommended to me that I try the eventing board. I do jumpers but have wanted to try eventing since I bought my current horse 6 years ago and just never was in the right area for a trainer. Now I am moving to NW Philly and have heard that there are many farms in the area that would be good for me.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am looking for something west of philly, either north or south, but not more than maybe 20 miles. Main line, Blue line area, or up around Conshohocken/Norristown would also work. I have a mare who is middle of the pack and turn out is a must. Pasture board would actually be preferable. Thank you so much!

Baranduin
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.ashfordfarm.com/

rmaryman
Jun. 9, 2011, 10:05 AM
A second vote for Ashford Farm. Bill or Caroline Canavan can help you...but call soon, as they will be going to their riding summer camp in VA soon. Check out their web site.

Rick in VA

DieBlaueReiterin
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the tip! I actually came across their site once, but it didn't say anything about boarding so I thought it was just a lesson barn. I emailed them. :)

faybe
Jun. 9, 2011, 04:00 PM
You can also check The Horse of Delaware Valley website (horsedelval.com). There are lots of boarding options listed in their classifieds.