PDA

View Full Version : What organizations do I have to join for a rated show?

jenm
Jun. 7, 2011, 06:05 PM
I am a member of USEF, but does my horse also have to be? Do I need to join the USHJA?

So many dang organizations. I already belong to the USEA and USDF, why can't there just be one umbrella organization?!! :D

SkipChange
Jun. 7, 2011, 08:12 PM
Yes your horse needs a USEF registration.
Yes you need to join USHJA.

You might also consider joining a state organization for year end awards if you have any local organizations that tabulate points from rated shows towards their awards.

War Admiral
Jun. 7, 2011, 08:14 PM
Also, your horse has to have Horse ID# from USEF and USHJA.

Seconded on finding out if there's a state or local affiliate.

inthesaddle88
Jun. 7, 2011, 10:43 PM
You both have pretty much covered it! I'd like to add though that it's extremely important to keep the cards with you at shows so you can prove you're a member to the show secretary. My trainer keeps all of my cards with my horse's vet paperwork in a binder so it all stays in one place.
Good luck! Rated show are loads of fun. :)

MyssMyst
Jun. 7, 2011, 11:41 PM
You both have pretty much covered it! I'd like to add though that it's extremely important to keep the cards with you at shows so you can prove you're a member to the show secretary. My trainer keeps all of my cards with my horse's vet paperwork in a binder so it all stays in one place.
Good luck! Rated show are loads of fun. :)

I like the binder idea!

jenm
Jun. 8, 2011, 01:34 AM
Ohhh boy, I was hoping someone would say "no" on joining more organizations! :yes: ;)

I'm crossing over from the eventing world and just want to do some jumper classes so my greenbean can get more confidence. The schooling shows around here don't have anything challenging to jump, and the jumper courses at rated shows are similar to the challenges found in the stadium round in eventing.

I guess if I'm going to have to join other organizations, I may have to make good use of it. I don't know if there are any local groups that tabulate points, but I'm not going to find out if it means joining something else!

Thanks so much for helping me out, I appreciate it.