PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca Farm

ctanner
Jun. 7, 2011, 10:29 AM
Who is planning to go to the Event at Rebecca Farm?

As a competitor or spectator?

ens0613
Jun. 7, 2011, 11:44 AM
I'll be there competing and grooming! Our barn is taking about fourteen competing horses this year :)

albigears
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:41 PM
I may drive over for cross country day. :)

canuckeh
Jun. 7, 2011, 01:07 PM
We're going, my daughter is competing at the Junior Novice level with her Welsh Cob/TB. Long trip from BC, but we're combining it into a bit of a family trip. Here coach is competing as well as a few from the barn as well. We'll be leading up to it with events at Aspen Farms this weekend and Whidbey Island just prior to Rebecca Farm.

fanfayre
Jun. 7, 2011, 01:33 PM
I would love to, but, it's an AWFULLY long way to go for the 3-year old FEH class :( , especially as a first trip for said 3-yr old, so I'll have to wait and see if there's any room in the rigs that ARE going as a spectator/extra groom.

lurker
Jun. 7, 2011, 03:45 PM
I am! My first time there and I plan to do the T3D! Already getting nervous.

vineyridge
Jun. 7, 2011, 04:03 PM
Interesting that they aren't running CCIs at the 2* and 3* levels but are having a CCI 1*.

Does anyone know why? Given sentiments like WFPs "bin the CICs", is this just more dumbing down of the "endurance" (ha) phase? This is what the Germans, in particular, want eventing to become.

canuckeh
Jun. 7, 2011, 04:05 PM
The omnibus shows a CCI2* as running.

vineyridge
Jun. 7, 2011, 04:38 PM
I checked the omnibus before I posted. Must have missed the CCI 2*. Did miss it.

three_dayer
Jun. 7, 2011, 07:03 PM
They are doing a CIC 3,2,1* and they are doing a CCI2,1*, a prelim three day and T-3day along with all the national divisions. I am hopefully going, as long as I can get time off from work...Thank goodness that they are doing the CIC's or I wouldn't get qualified for a three day(CCI) in the fall...

Coeur*de*Cheval
Jun. 7, 2011, 09:51 PM

solstince
Jun. 7, 2011, 10:27 PM
I'll be there as a spectator.

Would love to compete, but I just completed my first event (BN) last weekend. I'd definitely go if they had BN. Actually, I'll probably compete Novice one or two times before Rebecca, but my trainer tells me everything is max-ed out...might be a bit of a stretch for us to get around considering that. And for how much money the hauling and entry would cost, I think I'll just go and cheer on my barn-mates :)

tuppysmom
Jun. 8, 2011, 01:17 AM
DD and DH will be competing along with our WS and a few students. I will be sipping minty drinks.... haha I wish... chief cook and bottle washer, no doubt, for the afore mentioned riders and their horses.

DD and Hernewhorse will be in OP and DH and Whicheverhorseissoundandsomewhatreadytogo will be in the yettobedetermined division.

We will school Whicheverhorseissoundandsomewhatreadytogo and Hernewhorse and the WS and a few students at Herron Park earlier in the week to prepare Whicheverhorseissoundandsomewhatreadytogo and touch up Hernewhorse because we have not been to an event yet this year due to the EHV1.

We are off to Aspen Farm HT in the AM as a shake down cruise for the crew.

vanraf
Jun. 8, 2011, 01:25 AM
goodness, I would so love to go... one of these days!

Blugal
Jun. 8, 2011, 01:29 AM
I am planning on it (emailed my entries), now fingers crossed for the stars to align for the CCI*. It is the big goal for the year. This is the 10 year anniversary of Rebecca Farm and also will be somewhat a memorial for Rebecca Broussard.

ctanner
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:04 AM
It is not official yet,but I think I will be there.Driving up from Arizona.

WNV
Jun. 8, 2011, 02:08 PM
All being well we are going to watch XC, I was planning on riding but then got pregnant so that puts that out! Hopefully the weather isn't scorching like other years I have been, 7month PG might not be as fun!
Love the place.

TwinGates
Jun. 8, 2011, 07:09 PM
Will be there to cheer on/assist groom/bottle wash/hot walk, whatever for Sara and Harry Hou!

eventingismylife
Jun. 9, 2011, 02:31 AM
I will be there to at least watch, but could very well be grooming for friends or volunteering. The best outcome would be that I find a horse ready to run novice (or close) by then to take up there and compete :)

IronwoodFarm
Jun. 9, 2011, 05:31 AM
Reported

PuraVidaEventing
Jun. 22, 2011, 07:38 PM
I will be there! Grooming for my trainer in the 3*, 1*, and other assorted HT/YEH divisions, and riding (definitely) Training level on my new lease, and (hopefully) the T3D on my other horse!

misita
Jun. 22, 2011, 09:53 PM
Bravo will be there under Jordan McNabb either doing Open Prelim of his first 1*.

Coeur*de*Cheval
Jun. 23, 2011, 12:39 AM
I will be there, Rebecca is one of my favorite events! Lease horsey is going training maybe prelim depending on how inavale goes.

mybelle
Jul. 1, 2011, 02:37 PM
I keep hearing about flooding in Montana. Will this affect the Event at Rebecca Farm? Does anyone know? From what I can tell it looks like the flooding is east of Kalispell but maybe someone else knows more

Tobias
Jul. 1, 2011, 05:33 PM
I wish I could, I have heard a lot about it.

I worked for a videographer that does all the events at Rebecca Farms, they told me how much better it was there than the one here (Galway Downs).
They want me to go help video that event. I just cant see doing the drive.

TB or not TB?
Jul. 2, 2011, 02:11 AM
Does anyone have the scoop on camping information? Last year we slept in a van but may be tenting and I obviously want to be respectful of the rules and designated areas.