PDA

View Full Version : When should ride times be posted for a rated show?

baroqueNheart
Jun. 6, 2011, 10:33 PM
I am riding in a rated show this weekend. There is a preview show on Friday and then the weekend show.

So it's Monday night and there are no ride times or stable assignments posted or emailed. Really?

Equi88
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:02 PM
It usually states in the prize list on what day they are going to post the ride times. Usually closer to the weekend, like Wednesday or Thursday.
Shows around here I think always hope for some late entries, so they wait.
If you plan to be there all weekend, stable your horse at the show grounds and trailer in the night before, does it really matter to have the ride times early? As long as you know the night before, so that alarm clock goes off on time.... ;)

ACP
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:06 PM
I can see both side of this....

Show Management wants to wait and see about the inevitable adds, scratches and changes that will occur, and post times the middle of the week. Same for the stall assignment info.

Riders would like to tell their friend/coach/parents/spouse when they will ride, way in advance, so people can make plans to help/watch.

I wouldn't worry about my stall assignment info nearly as much as my ride time info, but even it can change due to some emergency or the weather.

joiedevie99
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:11 PM
Around here the Saturday-Monday before is normal.

rizzodm
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:11 PM
I am riding in a rated show this weekend. There is a preview show on Friday and then the weekend show.

So it's Monday night and there are no ride times or stable assignments posted or emailed. Really?

Yep. Probally will be Wednesday or Thursday before you get your ride time.

honeylips
Jun. 7, 2011, 01:25 AM
The USEF rules require them to be posted by noon the day before each day of competition.

dotneko
Jun. 7, 2011, 06:56 AM
Have you checked foxvillage.com?
I know a show I am judging this weekend does not have the times on the website, but they are on foxvillage.

eponacelt
Jun. 7, 2011, 10:34 AM
The USEF rules require them to be posted by noon the day before each day of competition.

This is interesting. I rode at a show this weekend where we didn't get our Saturday ride times until about 7pm the night before, and our Sunday ride times weren't posted until noon. I know management was doing their best, but it was pretty annoying since I had someone who wanted to come see my horse, but the lack of ride times until a ridiculous hour precluded them making the trip.

honeylips
Jun. 7, 2011, 11:04 AM
DR126
Competition Schedule.

(2) Organizers must prepare a time schedule including all rides. If possible, competitors
should be notified of their riding times prior to arrival at the competition.

(3) The time schedule must be posted in a conspicuous place by noon the day before
the competition. Ride times may not be changed after noon the day before the start
of the entire competition, except in compliance with GR830.5. (Effective 4/1/09) Competitions
may reserve the right to fill a competitor's subsequent ride times if that competitor
fails to notify the competition secretary of his/her intention to scratch (i.e. is a
“no show”).

baroqueNheart
Jun. 7, 2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks for all your input. My ride times have been posted...but I see that it could be worse. I'm glad to know so that I can invite others to watch now.