PDA

View Full Version : pony hunting websites

Mayaty02
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:09 PM
had a thread which was deleted by mods, so I don't want to go into specifics, but I am desparately seeking a pony...and I just want to make sure I'm checking all the websites I should be. Can you all list pony shopping sites? I do bigeq.com, equine.com, dreamhorse.com, virginiaequestrian.com etc....what else?

Tamara in TN
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:12 PM
there was something called foxhuntinghorse.com???? or something?
I think it's on my facebook somewhere

Tamara

ETA oh sorry...didn't see the hunter/jumper part...please disregard

GingerJumper
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:22 PM
ponyclub.org classifieds generally has a lot of ponies. I'd also recommend the DelMarVa, Old Dominion, and Virginia region Pony Club website classifieds since you're in that area, although I haven't looked myself. PM me if you'd like, I know of several ponies around VA/NC/SC.

Limerick
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:24 PM
I often see cute, useful ponies for sale on this site: http://www.phja.com/sales.htm

Also the Pony Finals sale list comes out this month-might be worth a trip to try out several ponies in August.

Good luck-I am sure pony hunting isn't easy. I've never had to do it-ponies seem to find us. ;)

Rel6
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:09 AM
Hunter jumper exchange is a good one but only if your looking in a 20k+ price range.

Hunter Mom
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:12 AM
How far away are you willing to travel? You can PM me if you want - I know of two barns that have some nice ponies in my area.

dags
Jun. 7, 2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks Rel6 :) We've had a recent influx of new pony listings too, 7 or so in the last 3 weeks, and another here on my desk. I also wasn't sure if you were looking for a pony that hunts or hunting for a pony :lol: but Rel is correct, prices are generally 20K and up. If that's the type you're looking for come on by.

Mayaty02
Jun. 7, 2011, 08:24 PM
LOL no I am hunting for a pony :) any other sites for lower end (first pony type) ponies?

Kryswyn
Jun. 7, 2011, 08:37 PM
Lower end ponies (ie under $15K) Sally Lamb @ Oakland Heights Farm in Gordonsville, Kristy Willwerth @ Picturesque Farm in Warrenton. Sally's website isn't updated nor does she have sale horses/ponies listed, but she was my go-to for solid citizen ponies when I lived there. I haven't looked at Kristy's in a while but she is a sales facility. Good luck!

Brydelle Farm
Jun. 7, 2011, 09:44 PM
PM sent