PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck are the cheap polo shirts this year???

foursocks
Jun. 6, 2011, 07:19 PM
I guess the polo trend is over, hunh? Dang. I went to Target to get some cheapy Mossimo polos for the summer and found not a single one in the junior department, Mossimo or otherwise. Do I have to haunt the AE at the mall, or are they done with the trend, too? Sob. I don't want to buy an expensive polyester "sport wicking" shirt that will make me smell bad, I just want a stack of nice, cheap, cotton polos to replace all of my raggedy ones. This is what I ride in all summer...need help!

Anyone? I even looked on ebay. :cry:

TrakeGirl
Jun. 6, 2011, 07:32 PM
KOHL'S!!!

Haven't paid more than $10 for one of theirs - price varies a bit depending on what sale is going on, but usually still cheap!

KateKat
Jun. 6, 2011, 07:36 PM
I got a ton of polos under $20 from AE online. Their stores don't seem to carry them consistently, but their website does.

maddyh
Jun. 6, 2011, 07:37 PM
I just got a bunch in the boys department at Target. They are generously cut enough(not fitted) so I can comfortably wear a boys xl (I would normally wear a womens medium or probably a juniors large in a polo) and the prices were great. I got a few regularly priced at $6.99 and some off the clearance rack for $4.98!

horsegal301
Jun. 6, 2011, 07:59 PM
old navy has them in store and online - pretty cheap and they always have deals on retailmenot

Green Acres
Jun. 6, 2011, 08:44 PM
I got a few recently at Walmart, think they were $10/each.

spacytracy
Jun. 6, 2011, 08:56 PM
Salvation Army. Now that the major trend is fading out, lots of people donating them! :)

GingerJumper
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:01 PM
Aeropostale! When the polos go on sale, they're like $9 each and they have TONS of colors.

Sing Mia Song
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:27 PM
Boscov's. I bought a ton for the barn at $12 a pop. They are the traditional LaCoste knit and run pretty true to size.

http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Product.bos?itemNumber=79329

Tegan
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:46 PM
Old Navy! When they have special events and sales, polos are usually $6. They are usually $12.50, so still pretty cheap.

I actually love their shirts. I'm tall, and their shirts are longer than most, so they actually fit me!

trinityhill
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:59 PM
I've actually been grabbing the Walmart ones in the boy's sizes... for me as a women's small they are pretty well fitted and have enough length to tuck if you want but not too much... and $5.50 each I can destroy them!

snaffle635
Jun. 6, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yep, Old Navy to the rescue! I bought 8 polos last weekend for $6 each! They're not the most fashionable or best fitting, but I won't cry when they're covered in horse slobber.

Giddy-up
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:04 PM
Old Navy

I keep checking the clearance racks. Finding them for less than $4 a pop. I like they are long enough for me to tuck in.

DMK
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:16 PM
ditto on walmart, I found a bunch of them and they were even long enough to tuck in (a bonus for breeches or full chap wearers).

foursocks
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks, everyone! Lots of good ideas- my summer may yet be saved! :lol:

JB
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:01 AM
I thought I saw a bunch at Target last week :confused:

Hunter Mom
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:21 AM
Sears and K-Mart carry very similar ones, which are longer in the tails, too. Lots of pretty colors and they're usually under $10. And they wash up really nicely, too.

bluebuckets
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:43 AM
Land's End has some really nice mesh ones for $15. If you catch a sale, the Calvin Klein outlets have some awesome ones for about that price. And there's a new company, USPA (United States Polo Association) who's polos are FABULOUS and CHEAP. Especially at their outlet store. (I kinda love shopping, can you tell? :winkgrin:)

Pirateer
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:48 AM
Some of the US Polo Assoc ones are really cute, sort of Joules-y like. I think you can get them at Sears- who is always having a sale!

fordtraktor
Jun. 7, 2011, 01:00 AM
I bought a Nautica one at Sam's last week for $12 -- it is great, cut to form, not blousy, perfect for riding with breeches.

Prime Time Rider
Jun. 7, 2011, 01:08 AM
Kohl's usually carries great polos and they're always having a sale!
Great store to purchase jeans as well.

Hunter Mom
Jun. 7, 2011, 01:23 PM
Some of the US Polo Assoc ones are really cute, sort of Joules-y like. I think you can get them at Sears- who is always having a sale!

Burlington Coat Factory has these, too.

LaBonnieBon
Jun. 7, 2011, 01:54 PM
www.llbean.com (http://www.llbean.com) under the sale tab.

WNT
Jun. 7, 2011, 02:38 PM
Yup, Target boys department here too. I was bummed there were no Mossimo ladies ones, they were nice and long and fitted, and the one I have is probably on its last summer. The boys ones were less than $6, and decent colors.

Jumper_girl221
Jun. 7, 2011, 02:44 PM
Last time I went to the thrift store looking for a piece for a Halloween costume, I walked out with 5 for $1.50 each, all AE and look practically brand new...I'm wearing one in my profile picture :)

foursocks
Jun. 7, 2011, 02:57 PM
Well, I guess I need to go to some stores and try them on- I like the Mossimo ones because they are a bit longer and fitted, and the smalls in the juniors sizes fit me perfectly (unlike the larger-bodied misses-sizes polos they carry). I hate a flapping shirt when I ride, and like my stomach to be covered so I don't look slutty. Nothing worse than a slutty-looking 40-year old on a horse...actually, yesterday I was wandering hopelessly around Target in my britches and felt positively modest compared to many of my fellow shoppers :lol:

Thanks again for all of the suggestions- I knew I could count on you guys!

TrotTrotPumpkn
Jun. 7, 2011, 03:01 PM
I just bought 3 at Kohl's for $8 a piece. I rode in one and it was long enough to tuck.

I didn't read the whole thread, so appologize if I'm repeating.

Jumper_girl221
Jun. 7, 2011, 03:16 PM
I have the opposite problem...I have a short waist, and with a long polo, I end up with nasty lumps in my breeches.