PDA

View Full Version : Where to shop online for a nice polo shirt for jumpers

jenm
Jun. 6, 2011, 05:59 PM
I would like to buy a nice shirt for a friend who will be competing in her first jumper classes at an A show. I didn't find much at SmartPak or Dover.

Anyone have a favorite online store to recommend? I'm not looking for a solid color, I'm hoping to find something a bit more "fun".

Thanks!

Event4Life
Jun. 6, 2011, 06:02 PM
Joules!!!! http://www.joules.com/en-US/Homepage.action Awesome polo shirts in fun colours/designs.

KateKat
Jun. 6, 2011, 06:03 PM
well, there are always Joules polos, if you/your friend like that look.

Personally, I get all my polos at American Eagle. I'm no fun ;) The one thing I really like about them is they're stretch cotton, so don't become some funky shape at the end of the day and they're made longer, so its great to tuck in and not worry about them flying out the back of my breeches.

ETA: if you can't find an appropriately "fun" polo, you could always buy her a super blingy belt ;)

Across Sicily
Jun. 6, 2011, 06:58 PM
I get golf polos! They're spectacular. The ones I get are the technical fabric types, which don't show sweat, keep you cooler, and are super comfy. The ladies' polos come in all kinds of fun and amusing colors and patterns, and the mens' as well, though some of them can be a bit too golf-y. Best of all, they're very easy to find!

As far as horsey technical clothing and polos, check out the Kerrits stuff. They have some spandex-y polos that come in absolutely insane patterns (most of them are more than a bit too much for me, though a friend of mine goes wild for them) and a few others that are less obnoxious. I believe Legacy Tack carries a wide selection of them. Also, I don't know if they sell them down there, but there is a brand called Aerion up here that makes reasonably attractive polos from technical fabric. They are sort of boring, though.

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 6, 2011, 10:06 PM
I second the golf polos. If you go to Dicks Sporting Goods or similar you can get them for around $20 for the technical fabric and I usually find them long enough.

Elementgrl2
Jun. 6, 2011, 10:19 PM
Check out the Essex CoolMax Performance "Bella" Knit Shirt

Beethoven
Jun. 6, 2011, 10:20 PM
Love these shirts for showing in the jumpers: http://www.equiinstyle.com/

greenwoodeq
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:02 AM
i love the express polos that have the griffin emblem on them... fun colors or plain ones if you like them simpler. I also like kingsland and the coolmax shirts are great.

fordtraktor
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:08 AM
Do people not show jumpers in jackets at A shows any more? I must be old school but I strongly prefer wearing my jacket. Or if it is 95 degrees, etc., a long-sleeved ratcatcher.

sansibar
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:43 AM
Do people not show jumpers in jackets at A shows any more? I must be old school but I strongly prefer wearing my jacket. Or if it is 95 degrees, etc., a long-sleeved ratcatcher.

I know here during the week days you can wear polos, and it is only on the weekend in the classes you need to have a jacket. Mostly the people with jackets during the week are those who are competing on a hunter the same day.

I like the ralph lauren polos, they are the perfect length, the lacoste ones are too short, plus they changed their buttons on the lady's collection... :(

remyman55
Jun. 7, 2011, 08:31 AM
ralph lauren. go to a polo outlet store, they are 30$ or go to a place like tjmaxx :)

jenm
Jun. 7, 2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks everyone for your great suggestions, this will keep me busy for a while!

xxreddxheaddxx
Jun. 7, 2011, 07:59 PM
ralph lauren