PDA

View Full Version : Dress Boots Reasonably Priced

austin
Jun. 6, 2011, 02:08 PM
I just got some stiff ones. hate them! but while i am breaking in,

are there any reasonably priced dress boots that I can buy for everyday schooling/clinics?

around $200 ???

SamWerner
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:03 PM
Mountain Horse!

flyracing
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:13 PM
Mountain Horse or Dublin depending on the sizing you need :)

rizzodm
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:14 PM
Mountain Horse Firenz!

TheHorseProblem
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:48 PM
FWIW, your new boots will never get broken in if you don't wear them for every day schooling or clinics.

You must bite the bullet!:)

Elegante E
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:15 AM
Beware with the mountain horse firenze and victoria. They run very small in the foot compared to their other boots. Am just returning a pair. Have owned 3-4 pairs over the years and this is the first time the foot doesn't fit. The calf is pretty large as well. Also pay attention to height in these versions, they run tall.

NorCalDressage
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:28 AM
If you're interested in the Dublin, I noticed they're on Special at Adams for $149

http://www.adamshorsesupply.com/browse.cfm/4,938.html

Piaffe11
Jun. 7, 2011, 11:29 AM
Love my Mountain Horse! Unlike Elegante E, I haven't found them small in the foot (maybe SLIGHTLY, but no more than a half size or less). They take no time to break in and last forever :)

equinelerium
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:52 PM
I just purchased a pair of Mountain Horse dress boots for this very purpose. Love 'em, they took no time at all to break in compared to other tall boots I've had over the years. The only complaint I have is that the style I purchased doesn't have a spur rest, but the price was too nice to pass up, even with that issue. I found them to run just a teeny bit small-I'm normally between a 7.5 and 8 in all shoes. I purchased an 8, and I'd say they fit closer to a 7.5.

SirGali
Jun. 7, 2011, 03:56 PM
I have a pair of Saxons that are too tight for me. Size 7.5 med/wide calf. I'd sell em for $50 + shipping if you're interested.

cu.at.x
Jun. 19, 2011, 12:20 AM
What size are you looking for? I have a brand new pair of Mountain Horse boots that don't fit me that I'm looking to sell.

MysticOakRanch
Jun. 19, 2011, 08:53 AM
I love Mountain Horse too! So much that I finally bought a new pair just for showing. One caution - different models DO fit differently. I have the Classic High Riders which are narrower and taller in the leg - my friend rides in a different model that is much wider in the leg and not as tall (both are "regular height, regular calf" size). The one thing I didn't like about my boots is there is no zipper tab (to close over the zipper when it is up), so took it up to the local shoe repair place and had those added for a whopping $12. They are super comfortable and soft.

Another possibility - there are a lot of Ariats on eBay right now if you don't need zippers - I think the non-zip boots are being cleared out by everyone!

KarenC
Jun. 19, 2011, 11:30 AM
I just got the Mountain Horse High Dress and have been really happy with them. I have another pair of Mountain Horse and they do fit differently (but that was a good thing - the others were a bit big for me). Almost no break in time and I just showed in them yesterday, a little over a week after first putting them on.

staceyk
Jun. 19, 2011, 06:52 PM
See my blog at http://www.behindthebitblog.com/2011/06/new-boots-of-necessity-but-fun-to-shop.html

I am delighted with my mountain horse Firenze boots, I wear an 8.5 slim/tall, and found the sizing to run just a hair on the small side. I am in an 8.5 and they fit best with light socks. I normally find I have plenty of room in an 8.5 -- it's subtle, but they are a tidge smaller. Also the ankle is not at all stiff--neither here nor there, just FYI.