PDA

View Full Version : Summer riding breeches or tights

pwrpfflynn
Jun. 6, 2011, 12:59 PM
Ok, so it is really hot in Missouri already and I was wondering what kind of breeches or tights keep you cool in the summer heat?

ponyhunter7870
Jun. 6, 2011, 01:21 PM
I like irideons for schooling and TS Trophy hunters for show

MorganLuvr848
Jun. 6, 2011, 01:22 PM
For everyday schooling kerrits tights are great!

fordtraktor
Jun. 6, 2011, 01:45 PM
Whatever is cheapest and in my size for breeches. Most of the time I ride in yoga pants and half chaps. When blistering hot, shorts and my full chaps -- they can come right off when I am done and I'm comfy again. And they look great with my tank top/safety vest combination. Thankfully I ride at home where no one sees me!!

Gracie
Jun. 6, 2011, 01:52 PM
I found microfiber fabric several years ago on a Cavallo breech. It is a thinner fabric and wicks off the sweat. There are probably other makers that use microfiber, too.

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 6, 2011, 02:03 PM
Devon-Aire Wellington (http://www.devonaire.com/Devonaire-Ladies-Wellington-Breech-Brand-0-CPath-2_8-pid-1719.html) Ladies. Cheapest and coolest breeches I've worn in the summer! They are around $50 which is the best part!

Giddy-up
Jun. 6, 2011, 02:10 PM
I have recently become a fan of Ariat. I like the Pro Circuit & All Circuit breeches. And since they are for schooling I shop whatever sales or clearance I can find in my size. I love they are easy to wash (out of the washer & hang on a hanger) & the fabric feels cooler to me (I used to wear TS 2 & 4 ways). I am pretty hard on these pants & they have held up so well I got a pair of Pro Circuits for the show ring (happened to find a beige in my size!).

moonriverfarm
Jun. 6, 2011, 02:18 PM
WalMart yoga pants and a tank top!

{defenestrated}
Jun. 6, 2011, 03:32 PM
Kerrits! I have these:
http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-35626&ids=530414277
that I bought from my local tack shop for $50 :yes:
they're super light weight but because of the weave they've still got substance so they don't feel like literal tights like some of the kerrits tights do. I love mine!

SmartAlex
Jun. 6, 2011, 04:23 PM
Kerrits Performance Tights. Love 'em!

Shinyfluff
Jun. 6, 2011, 04:48 PM
I have a pair of Devon-Aire Aerocools from around 5 yrs ago that I just found again. They are amazingly cool but wish they had a low waist, they seem to have mysteriously become smaller somehow : (

mojo7777
Jun. 6, 2011, 06:42 PM
I like the Devon Aire Versailles. The fabric is thin, stretchy and breathable, but still doesn't tend to cling unbecomingly (I order up a size to avoid that). When it's hot and I'm not actually riding, I pull them up to below my knees, and they are even cooler. Nice price too.

Across Sicily
Jun. 6, 2011, 06:43 PM
Check out the TuffRider Aerocools! They're around $40 or so from HorseLoverz. I have 3 pairs - they are excellent!

ParadoxFarm
Jun. 6, 2011, 06:58 PM
Do any of the breeches recommended ALSO not show sweat as much? I hate riding and having wet breeches! ACK. I only have one pair that I can wear that do not show the sweat. Sorry if gross.

Across Sicily
Jun. 6, 2011, 06:59 PM
Do any of the breeches recommended ALSO not show sweat as much? I hate riding and having wet breeches! ACK. I only have one pair that I can wear that do not show the sweat. Sorry if gross.

I have that issue. The Aerocools are pretty good at not showing sweat - even the charcoal grey ones.

The Ariat Pro Circuits also show next to nothing. However, they are prohibitively more expensive!

bf08
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:30 PM
Santio breeches are pretty cool and lightweight! Try the denim styled ones for schooling! you can find them on their facebook if you search Santio Equestrian Apparel

wanderlust
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:42 PM
The Ariat All-circuits are my summer go-to breeches. Super thin, cool fabric. However, they leave nothing to the imagination, so if you wear regular undies to ride, be prepared for very obvious visible panty lines.

sonomacounty
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:57 PM
tropical rider enduracools

tropicalrider.com

Lots of nice hot weather stuff.

Simbalism
Jun. 7, 2011, 01:11 AM
I'll second the Tropical Riders. I am actually waiting for an order(40% sale over Memorial Day weekend) and purchased 2 new pairs. I ride almost every day and it is nice to have multiple pairs, so I can wash a load once per week.