PDA

View Full Version : upperville

Mayaty02
Jun. 6, 2011, 08:59 AM
is there a live feed this year??

TooManyChickens
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:02 AM
Looks like there will be, but it doesn't start until tomorrow. I'm going Wednesday to watch.. I can't wait.. first time at Upperville!

http://www.equestriansport.tv/

Everythingbutwings
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'm going Wednesday, too! Its my annual mini vacation. :)

incentive
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:23 AM
Does anyone have an idea of how the entries are this year? I can't seem to find the number of entries per division. Horseshowsonline.com doesn't have Upperville listed that I can find.

Jsalem
Jun. 6, 2011, 12:38 PM
Are daily results anywhere?

silanac
Jun. 6, 2011, 12:42 PM
was up there yesterday registering, schooling, etc. looks like a big year-not sure about the jumper side though. In the local hunters alone (going today) they had over 100 entries

Mayaty02
Jun. 6, 2011, 01:22 PM
wow, it does sound like it's going to be big from what I'm hearing. I'll be there off and on all week and my daughter shows on Saturday! :cool:

Rockfish
Jun. 6, 2011, 02:07 PM
was up there yesterday registering, schooling, etc. looks like a big year-not sure about the jumper side though. In the local hunters alone (going today) they had over 100 entries

Local hunters are usually huge there, regardless. Jumper entries seem to be very light, and what I saw in the secretaries trailer, hunter entries look to be a little lighter too.

barnworkbeatshousework
Jun. 6, 2011, 03:28 PM
I'm going Wednesday (taking my Mother, who so kindly hauled me to and from lessons years ago; she's in her early 70s and has some difficulty walking, thought the mid-week crowds would be better for her). Also going Friday with a group of riders from my barn in Haymarket. Kind husband has surprised me and wants to go for the Jumper Classic on Sunday, packing a picnic and the kids. Anyone know how early to get there on Sunday to get a decent spot (and avoid the traffic?).

I have a friend who's boyfriend is a show jumper. Would love to find the entry list so I can figure out if he is riding this weekend, so we can cheer him on. Anyone know where I can find the entry list? I couldn't find it on the web site.

And last, can spectators bring dogs on-leash?

Everythingbutwings
Jun. 7, 2011, 06:59 AM
Anyone know how early to get there on Sunday to get a decent spot (and avoid the traffic?)

Go in the morning, watch the hunter in hand breeding classes in the main ring, then meander across the road that afternoon for the Grand Prix. :)

Ponytoes
Jun. 7, 2011, 07:42 AM
Will the pony divisions be on the live feed?

PSD
Jun. 7, 2011, 07:56 AM
Is anybody getting the live feed, yet, or is it just me?

SidesaddleRider
Jun. 7, 2011, 08:13 AM
Will the pony divisions be on the live feed?

No. The live feed only shows Hunter ring I and Jumper ring I.

SidesaddleRider
Jun. 7, 2011, 08:16 AM
Anyone know how early to get there on Sunday to get a decent spot (and avoid the traffic?).

I have a friend who's boyfriend is a show jumper. Would love to find the entry list so I can figure out if he is riding this weekend, so we can cheer him on. Anyone know where I can find the entry list? I couldn't find it on the web site.

And last, can spectators bring dogs on-leash?

As ETBW said, go early. Don't just watch the hunter breeding, come over to Ring II and watch the Irish horses go. I am the riding judge for them this year, so say "Hi". :)

Check www.horseshowsonline.com for the entries. The jumper listing is up, but they are still working on uploading the hunters.

Yes, you can bring dogs on a leash, but just remember that it can get VERY hot, and there isn't really any shade for watching the GP unless you are lucky enough to have a box by one of the few trees available.

TooManyChickens
Jun. 7, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hey Sidesaddlerider: can you explain (for us un-knowing folks) why there is a riding judge for the Irish horses? A friend who was up there a few years ago to watch saw this class (I think it might have been a hunter hack, there were a few jumps involved) said there was a riding judge for the class who got on all the horses after the initial riders rode their class.. I was just curious.. had never heard of anything like this before! Thanks!!

Looks like the feed is up and running..though there seems to be a gap in the action at the moment..

SidesaddleRider
Jun. 7, 2011, 09:30 AM
Hey Sidesaddlerider: can you explain (for us un-knowing folks) why there is a riding judge for the Irish horses?

In Ireland (and the UK as a whole, really), the horses are often judged not just on how well they *appear* to go for the person riding them (which is what our judges judge), but they are also judged on how rideable they actually are. So there are two judges, one being a rider who gets on and rides them for a few minutes to decide how well-broke they are, and the second to do the "normal" type of judging.

Yes, the classes are a hunter hack-type, with a flat portion and then two jumps at 2'9".

TooManyChickens
Jun. 7, 2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks sidesaddle! I figured it had to be something like that, I appreciate the explanation.

Also, for those that are interested, the hunter entries are now posted on horseshowsonline.com

MHM
Jun. 7, 2011, 03:24 PM
So there are two judges, one being a rider who gets on and rides them for a few minutes to decide how well-broke they are, and the second to do the "normal" type of judging.

Interesting. Do the two judges confer on the placings, or do they each give a separate score? How does that work?

RNB
Jun. 7, 2011, 05:43 PM
I'll be there on Saturday....hope to meet-up with a few COTHers!! :)

barnworkbeatshousework
Jun. 7, 2011, 09:49 PM
Don't just watch the hunter breeding, come over to Ring II and watch the Irish horses go. I am the riding judge for them this year, so say "Hi". :)

Cool, will do! I'm a horseless stay-home Mom/aspiring-to-Event-someday/riding locally 2-3x/week rider at the moment, but I am a complete sponge. Interested in learning everything and anything, absorbing anything I can at the moment...I'm not even going to pretend to understand the complexities of the Hunter/Jumper show world (Eventing makes more sense to me), but I'd love to learn!:lol:

supershorty628
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:48 PM
Anyone having trouble with the feed? I can't get it to stream for more than 2-3 seconds before it freezes to buffer.

TooManyChickens
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:49 PM
Mine is doing the same thing.. another thread was chatting about this problem earlier. I've got a great connection here so I'm really surprised to be having this problem.