PDA

View Full Version : NY/CT Area - June 21-22

showidaho
Jun. 6, 2011, 08:38 AM
Hello my Chronicle friends! I have a dear friend coming to visit me June 21 and 22 and she would like to do some 'east coast horsey things' while she is here. Primarily, I'm trying to set up some lessons for her with someone good to work on her eq, even for a couple of days. She is a very good rider (has done big eq and is now a varsity equestrian coach). I have searched the threads and found some places to contact for lessons, but now I'm wondering if there is a show/clinic somewhere drivable (in in Newtown, CT) going on during that time? She is up for anything and I'll drive an hour or two to make sure she has a great time...Also, where are the 'must see' horse sites? I will take her to Old Salem and Red Gate to do the drive by oogle and to Beval, but anywhere else someone can suggest?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

ponymom64
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:29 AM
The Fairfield June Charity show starts on the 21st with Open schooling on the polo field and the professional (and Adult, I think) divisions will be running on Tuesday.

It is a lovely show and definitely worth visiting. They usually have some nice vendors, the Beval rig will be there and it's always a pleasure to sit under the tent and have a nice lunch.

Hinderella
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:01 AM
Take her to check out a polo game:

http://www.giantvalleypoloclub.com/Home_Page.html

I haven't been to one here yet, but I'm planning to go soon...maybe we'll see you there.

showidaho
Jun. 6, 2011, 05:08 PM
Awesome suggestions! Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. :)