PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Saddle for the "downhill" A shaped withers?

mbgirl
Jun. 5, 2011, 07:32 PM
I need a dressage saddle for my horse that has an A shaped wither, dips behind, and is slightly downhill. The saddlefitter said to get a saddle with a high profile/head, low gusset, and deep seat to sit further back. Also suggested no point billet. Not easy! Does anyone have any suggestions? The saddle fitter said the best option is the Hennig Wolfgang Solo but that is way out of my price range. Also mentioned Cliff Barnsbys, Ainsleys, and Ankys. Looking for something used....

lwk
Jun. 5, 2011, 08:32 PM
I think the Wolfgang Solo is from Custom Saddlery. I have a Wolfgang Expression and I am very happy with it.
I would suggest that you look for a used Wolfgang Solo. Contact your local Custom Saddlery rep - they may be able to help.
Finding the right saddle can be a challenge. Good luck.

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 5, 2011, 10:32 PM
look for the older model of Albion saddles. The one I have they do not make anymore, but it is a great saddle which fits a lot of horses, from 16 hand horses to 17.2 hand and from skinny to wide horses. I would suggest looking for the older Albion saddles.

cleozowner
Jun. 6, 2011, 08:24 AM
Amerigo has a saddle that sounds like it might work: http://www.amerigosaddles.ch/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=29

osgoka01
Jun. 6, 2011, 01:50 PM
I 2nd the Albion....I have a young 16H dutch mare with the same conformation you just described..currently a bit downhill as she continues to grow and I am riding her in a high head SLK- love it. I bought it used as I don't think it will be her forever tack but I am quite enjoying it.

mbgirl
Jun. 7, 2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks so much for everyone's help. They have both a Cliff Barnsby Cirrus and an Albion SLK at the consignment shop that both looked like they might work, so I will check them out. I would LOVE a used Custom Wolfgang but its just not an option. The only problem with the SLK is that it is a short flap and I have long legs. Can't really change that, so I might have to look for another one. Will check the link listed too for the Amerigo Alto, I had actually looked at that, along with the Black Country Eden as other options.