PDA

View Full Version : Dressage trainer/facility in Broward County, FL

Barbara G.
Jun. 5, 2011, 05:39 PM
Hello -- I currently board/train in Southwest Ranches, and am looking for a new barn/trainer, preferrably in SW Broward County. Can anyone recommend a good barn where there is a dressage arena with either an on-site trainer, or one who can drive in to work with my mare 2-3 times a week, and give me a lesson on the weekend?

Thanks.

Equisense
Jul. 22, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hello -
I am fairly new to South Florida and am establishing a client base in western/southern Broward County. I am an experienced trainer, having participated in the USDF Instructor Certification program, and previously trained and competed abroad as well as started many dressage prospects at a large breeding facility. I would be happy to speak with you regarding the needs of you and your mare.

hllywd
Aug. 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Equisense,

Are you still located and training in South Florida. I just moved to Miami and am looking for a dressage trainer I can lesson with on occasion.

Vetvivi
Aug. 26, 2012, 09:36 PM
I would absolutely recommend Jule Von Donop. Very experience dressage/rider and trainer. Travels around to barns so she isn't strictly out of one barn..although she is at our place quite often. I myself am not a dressage rider but I have had her bring along my 4yr old warmblood in just the flat basics and I could not be more thrilled with the results. She is the perfect amount of soft ride, and encouragement when she does have to get after a horse. Seriously could not recommend her any more!!! :) I will pm if you are interested in contact info.

hllywd
Aug. 26, 2012, 11:39 PM
Would love the info. Does she only do lessons on your own horse? What area? Southwest Ranches or further south?

BonitaGrandeDressage
Mar. 18, 2014, 03:00 PM
Hi,

For anyone looking for dressage training please check out

Dagge-Dressage.com

The trainer is based on the other coast but travels to the area weekly.

nobsdressage
May. 27, 2015, 01:15 PM
I second your recommendation of Jule von Donop. Classically trained, earned her Bereiter licence in Germany. A very talented rider, trainer & instructor. She is one of the very few internationally credentialed trainers south of Wellington. For her it is all about making the connection with the horse and how her students learn with their own horse through proper equitation and understanding of the training scale. She's not motivated by self promotion, $$ and the show circuit.