PDA

View Full Version : Im "getting my hocks done"!

shawneeAcres
Jun. 4, 2011, 10:13 PM
Well I guess they are "injecting my hocks" in two weeks! :lol::winkgrin: Actually my hips. Have had one heck of a time with them for a year or so, have pretty much stopped jumping as it was just too painful. Hopefully I will be just as good as new after this. Wonder if they will twitch me?! :eek::D

ClassNTime
Jun. 4, 2011, 10:41 PM
I have had my shoulders done about 18 months ago, and WOW what a huge difference it made. I hope you are back to jumping in no time at all! Good Luck!

Wanderluster
Jun. 4, 2011, 10:49 PM
I wish you the best, lately I feel like I need everything "done" but on my last float I had to get one pulled and lots of fancy work that included implants and stiches. Bless the mess, I'm sure I just spent the equal of a major holiday abroad. :no:

QM2
Jun. 4, 2011, 11:46 PM
Good luck I hope it helps.

But technically if you were getting your hocks done, you would be getting your ankles injected. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

shawneeAcres
Jun. 5, 2011, 09:25 AM

But technically if you were getting your hocks done, you would be getting your ankles injected. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

yeah i know :winkgrin:

Life is Good 2
Jun. 5, 2011, 03:01 PM
My uncle is a golfer and had his hips done last fall. He is feeling better than he has in years and plays 18 6 days a week with no pain. Good luck and get ready to jump!

Everythingbutwings
Jun. 6, 2011, 07:42 AM
I had both my knees injected with white hot acid, um, cortisone, about 6 months ago. The improvement was dramatic but not a total relief. (I have advanced bone on bone arthritis) I made the decision to go ahead and have the joints replaced, left knee first.

Had that done March 3rd, was back driving and at work in two weeks, doing barn chores in 4. I'm looking forward to getting the right knee done at the end of June.

The thought of more shots, knowing that I would still need joint replacement, seemed pointless to me but every one's situation is different.

Good luck!

shawneeAcres
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:37 AM
WEll I hope I dont need joint replacements EVER but since this has just been going on for a year, I am thinking that the injections combined with some srthritis meds he prescribed may do the trick! I know that hip joint replacement is a lot harder than say a knee is (know someone who rides that has had I think 3 in her lifetime!) so really don't need to go there unless unavoidable! The doctor will reassess me two weeks after the injections to see how well it is working for me. Just like hores tho, some respond to one thing, some respond to another!

MyGiantPony
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:40 AM
I had the synvisc one in my right knee about a year ago - it hurt like the devil when he did it, but wow was it worth it!

netg
Jun. 6, 2011, 10:40 AM

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. This is more si-ish... sorta. :)

Good luck, Shawnee - I hope it helps you get back to work without pain!

purplnurpl
Jun. 6, 2011, 11:07 AM
I have a knee that needs to be done every 5 years or so.

I go from crying due to pain when I drive (because it hurts so much to rotate my right foot back and forth) to feeling like a million bucks for several years.

good luck!!
just like horses, it works on a case to case basis.

Calvincrowe
Jun. 6, 2011, 12:03 PM
Had my shoulder done in January. Didn't hurt that bad (but maybe I'm just used to it hurting like the devil all the time!:lol:). Relief was immediate, allowed me full range of motion. But...not great anymore. I understand how my horse feels 5 months after his hocks are done.

Good luck and enjoy the relief!