PDA

View Full Version : My little greenie is leaving,I'm sad

stolen virtue
Jun. 4, 2011, 07:27 PM
So my little greenie is leaving for the summer next week to work with a green bean trainer about 30 minutes away. He needs this and I need this, my work has been extremely busy, which is a good thing since I have so many bills with two horses. I barely have time to prepare and feed buckets let alone work with a 4 year old.

I am just so sad to not be able to see him daily and his paddock is next to his older brother's (my other 19 year old horse) paddock and they are finally getting along. Whenever I go up to their paddocks they are together.

It is the right thing to do, 3 months of training that is essential-I know but it is breaking my heart. I will only be able to see him on the weekend. I just cannot stop crying over this..:(

findeight
Jun. 4, 2011, 09:00 PM
Breathe and relax my dear. In a day or so you will realize you no longer have to worry about how you will work with him and you will have more time with the others and for chores not to mention the job.

Enjoy:cool:. He'll be back.

CrimsonInClover
Jun. 5, 2011, 02:35 AM
My 3 year old should be leaving mid July for her training and just thinking about it could send me into a panic attack!!!! I totally get where you are coming from! The barn is going to feel so empty without her redheaded presence :( but in the end it will all be with it. Good Luck!!

stolen virtue
Jun. 5, 2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks, it is hard my other horse is for my daughter. The barn will seem pretty empty without his little face. Thanks, funny how even with with everything in our lives we can be so focused on the status of our horse situation.

Whistler
Jun. 6, 2011, 02:24 AM
30 minutes is not too far, and if I'm correct, just over to the Valley for you...I remember yor posts and realize I'm in the same area. You can go on weekends and see your baby! I bought my horse in the valley and went up there for about a month for our trial period. Fun part was that me and my boyfriend would take a long Saturday and explore wine country, and visit my horse too :)
Good luck w you baby!

stolen virtue
Jun. 7, 2011, 12:12 AM
Hi Whistler, yes he is going to the valley. I love the wine country, but not with my 14 year old. I do have many friends in the valley and hopefully I can reconnect with a few friends, the trainer being one of them. I just feel like all my plans went out the window, and now I am dealing with another change. Oh, well-yes wine does help. The valley is great and my valley friends keep telling me that the market is great up there and why am I still living near the coast ? Summer is about change....

caffeinated
Jun. 7, 2011, 08:49 AM
awww!

But just think how much fun it will be to go visit him and see all the progress he is making :)

risky business
Jun. 7, 2011, 08:59 AM
I just dropped off my 6 yr old at my trainer's last night and was choking back tears on the ride home and he's only gone for 4 days!

I know he is in good hands and he does need a little "boot camp" right now but it is still hard when they are in your backyard.

CrimsonInClover
Jun. 7, 2011, 11:48 AM
Be very glad yours is only 30 minutes away so you can pop in to see him. My girl is going 4 1/2 hours away :( I will have to settle for picture updates, emails, and phone calls. Luckily my horse friend and I have been wanting to take a girls weekend trip so I think we are going to go stay in a bed and breakfast near the farm one weekend so I can get my Piper fix ;)

stolen virtue
Jun. 7, 2011, 11:19 PM
Well, my little man is gone. He hauled very well landed at the new barn like he had always lived there, went into his new little paddock area and ate his dinner. My daughter loves the new barn she was so excited she had to see everything including the foals.

It is 82 miles round trip, and as long as I have music I think my daughter will come with me. I do love the idea of progress, it has been a long time almost 4 years since I was focused on progress and not just soundness. We shall see how things go.

Risky business-I love that statement of Ghandi, when I read it as a 10 year old I clipped it out and kept in my box of special things. It made me feel OK to care about animals the way I did and still do. I sometimes had to defend my feelings.

tamarak_equestrian
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:32 PM
I know the feeling. My one greenie I've had since he was a yearling and earlier this year I sent him to PA for training and eventually to be sold and I bawled when I said goodbye to him. Unfortunately it's about 6 1/2 hours to go visit him too so I've only been down once. I already know I'm going to cry again when he sells lol.

Zu Zu
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:43 PM
Sad to see him leave :( but but just focus on how much fun it will be awaiting his arrival after his education has been completed/started! :yes::cool::D
He will be so much more fun when he returns.... :yes:
Be brave .... enjoy your visits ... he will be home before you know it ! :D

stolen virtue
Jun. 9, 2011, 12:46 AM
It is really bad that I actually watch my horses Canter video when I cannot see him. I miss him so much....

My daughter loves the new barn she wants to watch the western classes and spend time with the foals. I am the ONLY one miserable about this. I spoke with my girlfriend who moved to the valley and boards her horse there, she is happy to feed him every day for me. I just miss him with his curly mane and tail and sweet little face. I am happy about the training, but my summer is not shaping up to be about riding....