PDA

View Full Version : First Training level test this weekend..I survived

KBC
Jun. 3, 2011, 09:47 PM
So please wish me luck:)

I know probably not a biggie for most people but for this chicken re rider it is a huge step forward.

We are riding two intro level tests and then our first training level, the boy and I had a great practice today, we nailed all our canter departures, (a first I'm sad to say) but the time is right. We have also entered the prix caprilli, so it should be fun.

A final lesson with trainer tomorrow then show on Sunday, I just hope that I can do my boy proud.

Bravestrom
Jun. 3, 2011, 10:00 PM
I wish you the best of luck - I am taking my 4 yr old to his first training level show too - really excited.

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 3, 2011, 10:03 PM
Good Luck and remember to Relax! Showing should be fun! no pressure! :)

KBC
Jun. 4, 2011, 09:15 AM
LOL, That will be the last thing my trainer will tell me right before I enter the ring, right after "Don't forget to breathe"

Hidden
Jun. 4, 2011, 10:59 AM
Smile.. remember we are doing it because we like it and enjoy it, so smile :)
I am an older re-rider and we have been trying for a long time to get to a show doing the new training level test. But I have a hole in my roof that will eat up all my show budget so not to be this summer.

Vesper Sparrow
Jun. 4, 2011, 11:27 AM
Good luck!

Big_Grey_hunter
Jun. 4, 2011, 01:44 PM
Good luck! I'm sure you will do great :)

bizbachfan
Jun. 4, 2011, 03:02 PM
good luck let us know how it goes!

JCS
Jun. 4, 2011, 04:43 PM
I feel you on the re-rider thing. Training level is my goal for this season as well! I just sent in my entry for my first show next weekend--Intro A and B. :)

Bravestrom
Jun. 4, 2011, 07:12 PM
hope you have as much fun as we did today - although we got rained out in our second test and it was thunder and lightning - I was the last rider to ride before they shut things down - my 4 yr old did great at his first gold (national) show - placing 3rd out of 13 with a score of 66%. It was his first training level test and first time in a big ring.

I was so proud of him - he was totally focused and didn't balk at anything.

I posted some pics on our gallery - www.prospectequinefarms.com/gallery.htm

KBC
Jun. 6, 2011, 12:41 AM
After a truly crappy start to the day, including the drive shaft on the truck going:eek::mad: I eventually managed to get to the show.

I did two intro tests, and I think they went well, the the training level, first canter circle the departure was great, but the least said about the rest the better:no: The second one was awesome, I was really pleased with him. Now comes the nail biting wait, the tests were video taped and will be judged by Martin Richenhagen. It's a great way for a little club out in the sticks to run a show, means we can get judged by FEI standard judges, so it's worth the wait.

Then just for fun we entered classical barrels, poles and Prix Caprilli, scoring in the high 50's and low 60's, and we had a great fun day:)

KBC
Jun. 6, 2011, 12:49 AM
What a beautiful boy Bravestrom, and he did you proud

paulaedwina
Jun. 6, 2011, 07:43 AM
Well done and good job! Bravestorm is quite beautiful and you looked amazing.

Paula

Bravestrom
Jun. 6, 2011, 09:09 AM
Haffy - sounds like a fun way to have a show - congrats on your show. and thank you both for your kind comments on my boy - after coming back to riding in 2005 after a 20 year absence, breeding this boy and backing him myself I am really pleased and so excited for the season.