PDA

View Full Version : Show barns in Colorado??? near colleges

pwderblu17
Jun. 3, 2011, 07:43 PM
I am not in the Colorado show circut so wondering if anyone familiar could just throw out some names or locations.

Any show barns near colleges in Colorado??

Pirateer
Jun. 3, 2011, 08:05 PM
I am not in the Colorado show circut so wondering if anyone familiar could just throw out some names or locations.

Any show barns near colleges in Colorado??

Which college?

Essie
Jun. 3, 2011, 08:10 PM
There are colleges up and down the front range.

pwderblu17
Jun. 3, 2011, 08:23 PM
any really, Univ. Northern Colorado, Colorado College, University of Colorado, ha another question any recommended colleges in Colorado? medium sized?

pwderblu17
Jun. 3, 2011, 08:26 PM
barns close to colleges, as in 20 min ish drive or less?

Beethoven
Jun. 3, 2011, 08:26 PM
My alma mater is Colorado State! I loved it there! Fort Collins is an awesome town! I would go there again if I had to redo everything. :yes: No real "A" show barns in Fort Collins IMO, but I rode with Mark Mead down in longmont, co when I went to school. There are some good boarding barns up in the Fort tho. :yes:

pwderblu17
Jun. 3, 2011, 08:30 PM
My alma mater is Colorado State! I loved it there! Fort Collins is an awesome town! I would go there again if I had to redo everything. :yes: No real "A" show barns in Fort Collins IMO, but I rode with Mark Mead down in longmont, co when I went to school. There are some good boarding barns up in the Fort tho. :yes:

How far is Longmont? Did you have time to ride a lot in college?

Beethoven
Jun. 3, 2011, 08:42 PM
Longmont was about 40 mins away, but I think 20ish min from boulder(where CU is). There are some other h/j barns up in fort collins that I think do some "A" shows, but not sure. Four Winds is one and they host CHJA show throughout the year. I never rode with anyone there so not sure how the training is.

O I had plenty of time to ride.:lol: Maybe more than I should have, but thats another subject. I played on the CSU polo team which was the best experience ever and would never trade it for the world!

I moved from there a little over 3 years ago, so there may be a new trainer in the fort collins area, but I am not sure.

FAW
Jun. 3, 2011, 09:35 PM
University of Coloorado is in Boulder and Cynthia Moore and Mooreland Farm at JK Ranch is in Boulder on the east side.

Mark Mead is in Berthoud and that is about maybe 30 minutes or less from Boulder

AreYouKidding
Jun. 3, 2011, 09:40 PM
DU - Mike Dennehy (maybe 45 min)

ktm2007
Jun. 4, 2011, 02:46 AM
I would recommend Mark Mead- I believe he is relatively close to Boulder.

Atypical
Jun. 4, 2011, 03:52 AM
Really Mark Mead is closer to Lyons and Hygiene than to Berthoud, certainly closer to Longmont. I quite like the man, he's very polite and his horses and clients seem to like him as well.

RAyers
Jun. 4, 2011, 10:55 AM
Off the top of my head and from what I remember:

CU: Dan Shefen at Legacy; Mickie Sage at Capricorn; Tracye Ferguson at Meridian; Mark Mead as mentioned.

CSU: Charles Throckmorton at Four Winds; Sean Brevard is another.

DU: Any barn down in Parker as well as the one mentioned for CU. Du is pretty centrally located and is right off I-25. Corky Shaha; Wilson and Michael (Arapahoe Riding Club), and Charlie Dennehey (Colorado Horse Park).

Colorado School of Mines: CU and DU trainers.

Here is a link to the CHJA list of trainers:

http://chja.org/services.html

My suggestion to the OP is to give us a bit more specifics. I have been a professor at CU and CSU and am currently at Mines and CU Medical School. There are 60 or so colleges and universities in Colorado and there is a myriad of programs. You say "mid-sized." What do you mean? Student populations? Research/Academic Tiers? CSU and CU are the largest at 25,000 students. They are TINY compared to places such as Texas, Texas A&M, Michigan, Penn and Penn State, Florida etc.

Why choose Colorado? What do you want from your education?

rustbreeches
Jun. 4, 2011, 11:05 AM
The CU equestrian team is at Fall River Farm in Ft. Lupton withJill Pelzel. The farm attends shows at teh CHP, Estes PArk and they were headed to Albuquerque before the EHV 1 outbreak