PDA

View Full Version : Lure

dressagetraks
Jun. 3, 2011, 02:34 PM
I've been rewatching old BCs, now up to 1993, and got to wondering about him. Whatever happened to him? I know he turned out with fertility issues, and there was an insurance claim, like the Cigar situation, but what happened to the horse after the insurance company got him? Hope he's living an appropriate life for a 2-time BC winner somewhere.

RedMare01
Jun. 3, 2011, 02:50 PM
I saw him years ago (probably 10 years or so ago) at Coolmore in Lexington. They talked about his fertility problems but I believe he was still being bred at that time. Out of his stall, he was gorgeous and seemed like a very laid back nice guy. Hope he is still somewhere doing well. :yes:

Caitlin

RedMare01
Jun. 3, 2011, 05:19 PM
I was curious after you asked the question and looked him up. Pensioned in 2004 to Claiborne. http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/18259/breeders-cup-winner-lure-returned-to-claiborne-and-pensioned

Caitlin

Toadie's mom
Jun. 3, 2011, 05:36 PM
Fellow Cother had a Lure son (maybe she'll chime in here). Lower level event horse with a wonderful temperament. As I recall he isn't very big, but he is cute.

dressagetraks
Jun. 3, 2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks! Good for Claiborne to bring him home. :yes:

ravenclaw
Jun. 6, 2011, 03:25 PM
When I visited Claiborne a few years ago, I knew Lure was there and I asked if I could see him (he was always one of my favorites). They said no. :no: I guess he is on another part of the farm that visitors don't get to see. They said he was doing well.

Toadie's mom
Jun. 6, 2011, 04:44 PM
When I visited Claiborne a few years ago, I knew Lure was there and I asked if I could see him (he was always one of my favorites). They said no. :no: I guess he is on another part of the farm that visitors don't get to see. They said he was doing well.
I went through the same thing at Gainesway when I ask if I could see Lear Fan. I was told no. The reason was because the pensioned stallions aren't routinely groomed, and because they are kept in an out of the way portion of the property. Long story, but I did end up getting to see him. I had to promise not to take pictures, but I did get to pet him:D