PDA

View Full Version : Ponymoms: clips or pony tail holders on hair bows?

pm59
Jun. 3, 2011, 12:12 PM
Do you prefer hair clips ( alligator clips or barrettes) or pony tail holders( hair ties) on the back of your child's hair bows and if you can let me know why that would be great! Thanks for the info!

PaintPony
Jun. 3, 2011, 12:55 PM
I'm not a mom, but when I was teaching I frequently took groups of short stirrup riders to shows and am a certifed expert in garters and braids/hair bows. :)

My preference is to have the braids tied off with hair bands, and then clip the bows on.

Last year for a show right before Christmas I found a bunch of darling plaid/xmas bows. The actually attached with a twist tie-like thing and were super easy to loop through the pony tail holder, and stayed on really well. They are my favorite type of bows I've ever used!

twhs
Jun. 3, 2011, 01:55 PM
Elastic ouchless bands at the end of each braid. Bows attached to clips.

pm59
Jun. 4, 2011, 02:25 PM
I'm not a mom, but when I was teaching I frequently took groups of short stirrup riders to shows and am a certifed expert in garters and braids/hair bows. :)

My preference is to have the braids tied off with hair bands, and then clip the bows on.

Last year for a show right before Christmas I found a bunch of darling plaid/xmas bows. The actually attached with a twist tie-like thing and were super easy to loop through the pony tail holder, and stayed on really well. They are my favorite type of bows I've ever used!

Interesting idea never thought of that!!! I will have to try it!

silanac
Jun. 6, 2011, 12:53 PM
we always would do pigtail braids, tie them off with a hair band and then get a couple different colored ribbons and tie them in bows at the ends.