PDA

View Full Version : What sales websites do you think have the best traffic for dressage horses?

crestline
Jun. 2, 2011, 07:33 PM
Yep, that's pretty much the whole question. What do you guys think are the best sites for dressage horses and is there a better one for prospects vs finished dressage types.
Thanks for your input!!!

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 3, 2011, 11:20 PM
Dressagedaily.com

CHT
Jun. 3, 2011, 11:45 PM
I keep an eye on Warmbloods-for-sale.com, but find their search options too limited (can't search by training level).

I also like to look at dressagestar.

And sometimes I just google exactly what I am looking for.

2tempe
Jun. 4, 2011, 05:49 PM
In two searches over the last few years, I've used DressageDaily's marketplace. In both cases I was shopping for proven horses - ie they needed to have some show miles, good gaits, changes, canter half pass, basically third level ready w/ room to grow.

IMO warmbloods-for-sale is tough to go through due in part to the search capabilities and also because EVERY young prospect on there is called a dressage prospect. Not to say there aren't nice horses on there, and they seem to have sold many there.

NJRider
Jun. 4, 2011, 06:24 PM
Young Trg/1st Talented WB horse for sale. Listed on these sites and listed in order of # of responses:
1. Dreamhorse
2. Horse Clicks (free photo ad site)
3. Warmbloods-for Sale and Equine Now (free photo ad site) - same
5. Equine.com (zilch)

Have never tried Dressagedaily, the $200 fee scares me and I don't see if it is worth it for a "cheaper" horse- (10-15K). Their search seems very limited. But can see how for an upper level horse the exposure would be good.

Forte
Jun. 4, 2011, 08:18 PM
I have sold several horses of of warmbloodforsale.com and one off of equine.com I have never had any luck with dreamhorse.com

Sabovee
Jun. 4, 2011, 08:58 PM
My best results have been from equine.com and horseclicks.com, never had any luck with dreamhorse.com either.

Emy
Jun. 4, 2011, 09:00 PM
I have used warmbloods-for-sale.com and dressagedaily.com with good results.
Dressage Daily is expensive but I did receive lots of dressage specific interest, if you have a nice horse it is worth it. Personally I like warmbloods-for-sale more for the ease of use, it is straightforward to post everything and they offer a great bloodline chart option and multiple videos.

NJRider
Jun. 8, 2011, 12:11 AM
To those who like Dressage Daily: Does the lack of any search function bug you? I only see that there are price categories. How many people are actually going to scroll through a ton of ads before they might stumble on yours? Or am I missing something, as far as a way to search by age of horse, breed, height, etc?

Dressage_Julie
Jun. 8, 2011, 10:52 AM
If you haven't already, check out Dressagemarket.com. It is a newer website, but it has some of the functionality that Dressage Daily is missing. You can search by any of all of the categories listed: price, level of training, height, age, gender, and location. I posted my saddle for sale on the site mainly because it didn't cost an arm and a leg (which dressage daily is really $$$).

Happy hunting!

Velvet
Jun. 13, 2011, 04:43 PM
Dressagedaily.com

This, for traffic, this is the best. BUT, if you want a reasonable price and are buying, go somewhere else. If price is no object, go to Dressagedaily.com. If you're selling and want big money, go there as well.

NJRider
Jun. 13, 2011, 06:32 PM
When I asked DressageDaily about their search functions, they said in a few weeks they are changing their site to add a search. I asked how an ad can be "refreshed" and not get buried, they said that feature was an extra $55 on top of the $200 ad fee. I will look forward to seeing their new search options. I think they are a better medium for the pricier/trained horses, not the average $10K-$15K lower level horse.

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 13, 2011, 08:38 PM
To those who like Dressage Daily: Does the lack of any search function bug you? I only see that there are price categories. How many people are actually going to scroll through a ton of ads before they might stumble on yours? Or am I missing something, as far as a way to search by age of horse, breed, height, etc?

if you are really a serious buyer, you will go through pages to see if "your horse" is in there :)
It is limited in search options though.

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 13, 2011, 08:41 PM
When I asked DressageDaily about their search functions, they said in a few weeks they are changing their site to add a search. I asked how an ad can be "refreshed" and not get buried, they said that feature was an extra $55 on top of the $200 ad fee. I will look forward to seeing their new search options. I think they are a better medium for the pricier/trained horses, not the average $10K-$15K lower level horse.

also warmbloods for sale and dream horse are good websites