PDA

View Full Version : Dee Loveless / Tornadoes ?

Leprechaun
Jun. 2, 2011, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know if Dee Loveless's farm is okay? She's in Monson, Ma and they were hit very hard.

whippethouse
Jun. 2, 2011, 06:56 PM
I've been wondering about Dee (assuming you meant Dee Loveless), as well as Rachel Ehrlich (Greengate Farm in New Braintree) and Doris Carlson (Morning Light Farm in Brimfield).

Leprechaun
Jun. 2, 2011, 07:33 PM
Sorry, not the best speller and wasn't really thinking about it. I do not know about Brimfield but New Braintree was missed - just a big rain storm. Glad to hear she's okay.

Sister Margarita
Jun. 2, 2011, 07:42 PM
Dee was without power but okay, have not heard any other news (assume this is a good thing) through Facebook from those who know the other horsepeople in this area. No reports of any major losses, although I am sure it was scarier than you-know-what. Terrible videos, so scary! I am sure reports will keep coming in but thankfully nothing bad so far. Anyone else hear anything?

MyssMyst
Jun. 2, 2011, 07:50 PM
Many thoughts and prayers headed their way. Tornadoes scare the living daylights out of me.

whippethouse
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:10 PM
Heard from Rachel. All is well at her farm. She reported there was one person killed and two horses died in Brimfield. Hope someone reports soon that Doris and her family are OK.

Sister Margarita
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:32 PM
So sad. The Brimfield fatality was a woman in a trailer home, and the trailer was flipped and she ended up underneath much of the contents, I don't know about the horses. Some of the video footage is very unreal, not what I would think the northeast had for weather.

I will feel better when all our friends check in.

saxony
Jun. 2, 2011, 10:16 PM
I heard from Doris this morning and they are all ok, thank God!! Apparently lots of devastation all around them though.

quietann
Jun. 2, 2011, 10:29 PM
All damage was to the south and west of our place, but the storms were impressive anyway. My mare refused to make the walk from the barn to the indoor last night... which I took as a sign she knew better than I did about the weather!

I'm glad to hear that most barns further south/west are OK. This was very unusual weather for MA; we can get some pretty intense thunderstorms, but hardly ever get tornadoes.

whippethouse
Jun. 3, 2011, 05:43 AM
Rachel also reported that everyone was OK at Doris's, but that she hadn't been able to get over there as storm damage prevented access.

The woman who was killed was right down the road from Doris; the horses killed were at Haynes Hill, she thought it might be Fairview Farm.

XHalt
Jun. 3, 2011, 09:28 PM
Yes, MLF and Dee are fine. Others in the area, not so much!