PDA

View Full Version : Totilas/Rath First competition live video

alicen
Jun. 2, 2011, 06:13 AM
Munich CDI*** Live now. Rath/Totilas go at 14:12 German time - 8:12 Eastern DST. http://www.clipmyhorse.de/en/live/channel/2/

Starting list and results: http://www.pferdinternational-muenchen.de/hp/index.php/ergebnisse-2011

carolprudm
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:05 AM
bump

Totilas goes in a few minutes

Dutch Lovin' Dressage Rider
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:23 AM
How did it go? Only caught the passage down centerline. Not sure how to interpret the faces of the crowd afterwards. Matthais Rath reminds me of HRH Prince Harry. :-)

HollysHobbies
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the link!

Caught most of it, but didn't catch the final score...did anyone see it?!

carolprudm
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:28 AM
Couldn't really tell because the video streaming was jerky but he's in first by a wide margin

76.787%

nomeolvides
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:28 AM
76.787%

Jun. 2, 2011, 08:30 AM
The KWPN horse that went after Totilas: Remember ridden by Judy Reynolds was interesting. Holsteiner father, dutch harness horse dam.

supernatural
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:34 AM
The horse is fantastic. For me.....the rider is too busy. You can "see" everything he does. The previous partnership was effortless. To be fair....it takes time but I don't know if we will ever see the performance equaled of the previous rider. It was "once in a lifetime" and I'm just glad I was able to witness it....

I'm sure it is so much pressure for this rider...I wouldn't want to be in his shoes....well...... maybe I'd like to sit on this horse just once.....

Jun. 2, 2011, 08:34 AM
That is awesome and very respectable. Matthais sure looked cool from what little I saw but imagine the pressure! Crowd looked sober.

alicen
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:42 AM
Front leg action in extended trot less extravagant. Passage not as lofty and magical as under Gal, but that seems to be Gal's specialty. In general not as smooth and elegant as Gal's ride (kind of like the difference between Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire) but, and I hated seeing Gal lose the ride, not bad.

Hopalong
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:48 AM
In the awards ceremony, Totilas was standing there bored, messing with his bits, etc. Then "Deutchland Deutchland Uber Alles" came on, and I swear he stuck his head up as if to say, "What the heck is THAT?" haha.

Forte
Jun. 2, 2011, 10:20 AM
I thought they looked fantastic, especially considering that he has only had the horse for a few months and this is their first show. The win was well deserved. His pirouettes are superlative!

Jeito
Jun. 2, 2011, 11:58 AM
I didn't get to watch it. The score is certainly respectable for their debut. I miss the old partnership with Gal, but who cannot wish this team success and good health, especially if we really care about Toto :) ?

Go Fish
Jun. 2, 2011, 12:04 PM
I thought they looked fantastic, especially considering that he has only had the horse for a few months and this is their first show. The win was well deserved. His pirouettes are superlative!

I think it's been more than a few months. He was given the ride late November/early December.

Cowgirl
Jun. 2, 2011, 12:43 PM
I'm glad he finally got that over with, but I wish he could have had more time to develop a partnership.

I don't like how the horse is going now. He has lost the engagement and often the front and back of the horse look like two different animals. It looked to me like he was flinging his front end around without the hind engine in many places. I particularly did not like the one tempis, however there were no errors.

Ibex
Jun. 2, 2011, 01:39 PM
I don't like how the horse is going now. He has lost the engagement and often the front and back of the horse look like two different animals. It looked to me like he was flinging his front end around without the hind engine in many places. I particularly did not like the one tempis, however there were no errors.

Erm, he always looked like that (remember all the complaints that he moves like an ASB?). I didn't catch the video, but possibly without the level of partnership he had with Gal it's more pronounced?

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 2, 2011, 01:51 PM
Well, I can't criticize Rath, he is probably under more pressure than I have EVER been under and I know he is working very hard. He did very well for the first time out and I did see a little tension but I think, as their partnership grows, that will dissipate. Believe me, I am very upset about the partnership of Toto and Gal being broken up, but it was and there is nothing I can do about. I love this horse, I just want to enjoy him no matter who is riding him. To me, Toto is a total rock star!

Cowgirl
Jun. 2, 2011, 01:51 PM
I disagree. Gal had him much better engaged. This is disunited looking to me and he never looked that way to me before.

kinnip
Jun. 2, 2011, 02:00 PM
I missed it. Is it posted anywhere yet?

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 2, 2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmtVoFVKGZc

kinnip
Jun. 2, 2011, 02:41 PM
Hmm. Definitely needs a little spit and polish, but judging from the look on his face after the ride, I think he knows that. He seems to have some issues stemming from poor rhythm and an unstable poll. It almost looked like he was bumping his head up periodically. The rein back looked more like a roll back. The free walk was disappointing. I really thought that would improve. His first pirouette looked like Toto didn't pick up his inside hind, just spun on it. All that said, he did a damn sight better than I could, and it's still pretty early in the day to pan the partnership.

Petstorejunkie
Jun. 2, 2011, 03:33 PM
(like I have any room to judge :lol:)
but it looks to me like wrath isn't 100% in the pelvis on Toto yet, and it's radiating out his arms. they seem stiff, and low.
i think the rider position on such a talented upper level sensitive horse could be causing the disjointedness and lack of engagement. i'd be happy when the front end of that horse stops looking like a tarantula.