PDA

View Full Version : Brenderup trailers and hitch/wiring installation

SharonA
Jun. 1, 2011, 11:40 PM
Brenderup folks -- does anyone know if I need to tell a hitch & wiring installer anything special about the wiring for these trailers? I think I should make sure and explain that there doesn't need to be wiring for trailer brakes, since they're not electric, but is there anything else? Anything special about the receiver for the wiring from the trailer?

Thanks hugely for any insights!

I see that Simon Barr has a Facebook page that does mention his experience with Brenderups, would it would be ridiculously rude to email him and ask?

paintedtrails
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:50 AM
I would suggest contacting a dealer to be sure, but as far as I know from research there is nothing different/special - you just need to get electricity back there (no brakes like you said).

baysngreys
Jun. 4, 2011, 01:30 PM
My Brenderup connects directly with the outlet on my Chevy truck just fine. When I towed with a Range Rover, it had a European outlet (I think it was 6 holes as opposed to 5, can't remember exactly what was different - blonde!) anyway, there's a simple connector you can buy that you attach to the end of the trailer's electric and then plug into the vehicle.

The inertia brakes are awesome!

jn4jenny
Jun. 4, 2011, 01:37 PM
There's nothing special to know. It's just a basic, run of the mill trailer plug that controls the lights.

The B'ups were order-able with a 4-point, 6-point, or 7-point plug, but they were all the standard types of plugs that you'd find on any kind of trailer.