PDA

View Full Version : Devon GP Live Feed- 8 PM Thursday

MHM
Jun. 1, 2011, 09:37 PM
I got an email today that The Chronicle will be presenting a live feed of the Devon GP in partnership with Shownet. Yay!!! :cool:

Details to follow tomorrow.

idlemoon
Jun. 1, 2011, 09:48 PM
Very cool! I hope they do this for Dressage at Devon Grand Prix! I will be there tomorrow night ringside! I'll wave to you on camera!

lisa

MHM
Jun. 2, 2011, 02:04 PM
Bump.

I haven't gotten the follow up email with details yet, but it looks like this is the place to sign up for the live feed:
https://www.shownet.biz/PromotionalSignup.aspx

MHM
Jun. 2, 2011, 02:26 PM
And the order of go is here:
http://devon.showjumping.tv/order.php?competition=1&class=246&back=orders

Dana
Jun. 2, 2011, 03:22 PM
Guess Todd recovered from his illness earlier this year, as he's listed in the order of go. Glad to see him back in action.

MHM
Jun. 2, 2011, 03:37 PM
Guess Todd recovered from his illness earlier this year, as he's listed in the order of go. Glad to see him back in action.

You're right. I had forgotten about that. I'm not surprised, though. He's pretty tough! :lol:

Tap2Tango
Jun. 2, 2011, 07:45 PM
Anyone figured it out yet? I have an account already with shownet but I don't see a button for live streaming. It's only 7:45 so will it magically appear at 8??

LulaBell
Jun. 2, 2011, 07:55 PM
Doesn't seem to be working for me either, bummer. I turned down plans tonight to watch this!

I was really excited to see it, but here's hoping.

Molly Sorge
Jun. 2, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, it's not working yet because we're pretty behind schedule here at Devon!

The new time for first horse on course is around 8:40. They're just building the course now, at 7:56.

PolymerChem
Jun. 2, 2011, 07:59 PM
Oh, I see a scrolling banner that says running behind, first horse at 8:40... That's almost my bedtime! :lol:

LulaBell
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:01 PM
Really? I keep getting the same page, it says I'm logged in, but nothing will come up other than ShowNet Membership. Suggestions?

Tap2Tango
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:02 PM
Hey guys, it's not working yet because we're pretty behind schedule here at Devon!

The new time for first horse on course is around 8:40. They're just building the course now, at 7:56.

Thanks!

J-Lu
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:04 PM

Thanks! I see this on the running banner as well.

MAD
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:07 PM
Anyone figured it out yet? I have an account already with shownet but I don't see a button for live streaming. It's only 7:45 so will it magically appear at 8??

Once you are logged in, point your mouse at ShowNet Central that is at the top of your screen and you will see the option for Live Show Streaming

LulaBell
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:08 PM
Every time I click on Live Show Streaming, it just keeps me on the Subscription Signup page...

MoonWitch
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:09 PM
Mine seems to be working but it's saying it's delayed - 1st now to start 8:40. Anyone else getting this?

LulaBell
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:09 PM
Oh, I just had a lightbulb moment. Any idea if this works outside the US? That could most definitely be the problem.

FertilizerLeaves
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:11 PM
After I registered it took me to a page titled 'Live Steam' and jar says content will appear once commenced. Did it not do that after you register?

J-Lu
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:20 PM
Activity! I can see the oval!

mbhorse
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:21 PM
Yay, thanks to the powers that be for the free live feed!!!

mbhorse
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:26 PM
Anyone else not have audio?

Berry0317
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:27 PM
I have movement, but no sound. It looks like someone is talking into a mike, so I should hear something. Anyone else have this problem?

ToTheNines
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:28 PM
Do you others have sound?

J-Lu
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:30 PM
anyone have sound?

OOps, no, I don't have sound.

Kitty
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:32 PM
I have a great picture but no sound!!!

JFJ
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:33 PM
Anyone have sound?

JFJ
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:34 PM
lol, I guess we all have the same problem!

MoonWitch
Anyone not getting sound??

Catherine Cullen
Really? I keep getting the same page, it says I'm logged in, but nothing will come up other than ShowNet Membership. Suggestions?

This happened to me too. I guess I had an old account, and I got stuck in some sort of old account limbo. I created a new account, but I had to use a different email address. Oh well, more catalogues for me!

Tap2Tango
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:36 PM
This happened to me too. I guess I had an old account, and I got stuck in some sort of old account limbo. I created a new account, but I had to use a different email address. Oh well, more catalogues for me!

Same here. I kept trying to log in under my old account.

JFJ
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:39 PM
Are they kidding??? No sound and you can't even see the far side of the ring!!!

LulaBell
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:40 PM
Same here. I kept trying to log in under my old account.

Oh my God, thank you! I registered like an hour and a half ago, hmmmm. Oh well, I have it now, thanks so much!

jewll27
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:41 PM
nope no sound

harr754
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:41 PM
I'm glad I'm not paying for this!

Kitty
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:43 PM
Great try but they should watch FEI TV for pointers!

Tap2Tango
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:44 PM
Oh my God, thank you! I registered like an hour and a half ago, hmmmm. Oh well, I have it now, thanks so much!

Welcome!

I wish we had sound and a better angle but this is better than nothing!

ynl063w
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:46 PM
Last year's feed was great - what happened? This is so not worth watching. What a bummer.

JFJ
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:46 PM
At least now there is some live scoring!

LulaBell
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:47 PM
The buffering situation is absurd for me, but I'm going to chalk that up to not-great internet with my mobile USB internet stick thing here in Guate.

Catherine Cullen
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:47 PM
It's weird because don't the Shownet videos usually zoom and pan? Oh well.

juststartingout
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:48 PM
Am I the only one having no luck?

mbhorse
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:48 PM
Guess this is a case of you get what you pay for it. Hopefully some spectators will post decent videos on YouTube.

Jaymie823
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:51 PM
No luck here, i've tried re-registering but I cannot get to the live feed, it keeps taking me back to the subscription page. Bummer, I was looking forward to watching it!

J-Lu
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:51 PM
Well, while I'm thankful that COTH offered this to subscribers for free, I couldn't see myself paying money for this.

The full-screen resolution is pretty bad - things look blurry, there's no sound-I can't hear what's happening, can't see the far side of the ring well, and there's no running tally regarding results. It's only the 6th ride? and I'm not sure of the standings already. I'm not even 100 % sure who is in the ring.

So thank you COTH! However, I am certain I would not pay money for live streaming from this site in the future.

Tap2Tango
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:56 PM
For a minute there it looked like Mclain fell off! This is why we need zoom!

JFJ
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:56 PM
Well, while I'm thankful that COTH offered this to subscribers for free, I couldn't see myself paying money for this.

The full-screen resolution is pretty bad - things look blurry, there's no sound-I can't hear what's happening, can't see the far side of the ring well, and there's no running tally regarding results. It's only the 6th ride? and I'm not sure of the standings already. I'm not even 100 % sure who is in the ring.

So thank you COTH! However, I am certain I would not pay money for live streaming from this site in the future.

I do have a real time result just under the video

JFJ
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:57 PM
Well, maybe not "real time" it's updates a little slow

J-Lu
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:58 PM
Huh, I don't seem to have that result. Who was just in the ring, with the white fuzzy noseband?

mbhorse
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:01 PM
Well, maybe not "real time" it's updates a little slow

Lucky you! But hey, free is free, and I guess something is better than nothing.

Natalie A
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:02 PM
thanks for the re-registering tip! I guess this is why I have multiple e-mail addresses, lol.

J-Lu
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:05 PM
Lucky you! But hey, free is free, and I guess something is better than nothing.

Ohhhhhh, "refresh" seems to bring up the results. Thanks!

J-Lu
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:13 PM
SOUND!

Tap2Tango
And now we get sound???????

Berry0317
SOUND!!! I have sound!

PolymerChem
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:14 PM
Holy cow, the sound started all the sudden and scared the crap out of me!

Tap2Tango
I knew Todd would go clear!

alittlegray
Yay for sound!!!!

J-Lu
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:15 PM
Holy cow, the sound started all the sudden and scared the crap out of me!

(me too!! hahahaha)

mbhorse
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:16 PM
Ohhhhhh, "refresh" seems to bring up the results. Thanks!

Thank you! And yay for sound!

chunky munky
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:17 PM
Sorry, I gave up. It was a rather small group (20) of second string horses. They need to offer a better product before getting us to register with their group and produce a better video. Wish them the best, but tonight's product was less than free.

alittlegray
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:26 PM
What tragedy did they just mention? I couldn't hear the web address they were putting out there.

ynl063w
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:37 PM
Sorry, I gave up. It was a rather small group (20) of second string horses. They need to offer a better product before getting us to register with their group and produce a better video. Wish them the best, but tonight's product was less than free.

Agree. Where are all the big names? Snooze - I'm going to bed. Devon was a disappointment this year. I was there for the professional divisions on Monday and was so unimpressed that I didn't go back Tuesday even though I took a vacation day. I stayed home and did laundry instead. Based on the lack of threads here earlier in the week I have to assume I'm not alone in that sentiment. Hopefully the derby on Sunday will be worthwhile.

MHM
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:38 PM
It's weird because don't the Shownet videos usually zoom and pan? Oh well.

Shownet posted some hunter videos on YouTube from earlier in the week at Devon, and those were taken from the side, with normal zoom and pan activity. Not sure what happened here. :confused:

Tap2Tango
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:47 PM
What tragedy did they just mention? I couldn't hear the web address they were putting out there.

The fire at Boyd Martin's barn earlier this week.

JFJ
Jun. 3, 2011, 08:19 AM
So how come the article about the class shows Kevin's round like normal? It follows him up close!!

KatieOMalley
Jun. 3, 2011, 03:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

ShowNet experienced technical difficulties with their camera, and they would like to emphasize that the picture broadcast last night does not reflect the true quality of their products. To prove this, ShowNet has extended the promo pass to include FREE live streaming coverage throughout the entirety of Devon Senior weekend. If you are a subscriber, you can use the same link that we sent you yesterday to watch the Devon streaming.

LulaBell
Jun. 3, 2011, 03:37 PM
Looks like today's live streaming starts at 7 PM eastern. Anyone know what class it is off the top of their head?

MHM
Jun. 3, 2011, 03:47 PM
Looks like today's live streaming starts at 7 PM eastern. Anyone know what class it is off the top of their head?

Open jumpers, I think.

You can find the schedule at www.Devonhorseshow.net (http://www.Devonhorseshow.net) along with results.