PDA

View Full Version : Devon GP Spectating

kateh
Jun. 1, 2011, 06:54 PM
Heading over to Devon tomorrow for the GP! The last time I went it was still bench reservation by blanket. We've got general admission tickets and were hoping to get there early enough for the bench wristbands. One person told me to get there sometime between 8 and 9, another said that people start lining up at 5:30 :eek: Anyone remember what it was like last year?

iridehorses
Jun. 1, 2011, 09:01 PM
I was there the other night and there was a sign on the fence saying they will be handed out (4 per person) on a first come first serve basis beginning at 8AM so I would say be there as early as you possibly can, I highly doubt any will be left by even 12

lcw579
Jun. 1, 2011, 09:55 PM
I picked up four last year. Got there around 8am and there were only a few other people there.

Good luck and have fun! I'll be missing it for the first time in years - my daughter has a school concert. :(

kateh
Jun. 2, 2011, 10:21 AM
Update: friend's mother volunteers every year, said people start lining up at 6. I got up at 4:50 so I could pick up friend at 5:30, got there at 6am. We weren't the first people in line, but probably in the first 40. My guess is anyone who got there at 8 was probably out of luck. Sooo next time I'll be shelling out the money for grand stand! We did have a nice two hour chat with a woman from Texas, where we all swapped injury and dog stories (sidenote: I love horse people).