PDA

View Full Version : Schleese Gunnar Ostergaard Dressage Saddle?

LShipley
Jun. 1, 2011, 04:32 PM
Does anyone own this saddle and have any comments about it?

I'm looking to buy my first ever dressage saddle (we mostly do hunter jumper) and would like to spend less than $1000. So I am definitely looking at very used saddles. I also need a very wide saddle, so I thought a Schleese would be a good option as long as it has the adjustable tree.

My trainer recommend the Anky saddle as a good lower-end saddle, but even the wide tree pinched my girl's big QH shoulders.

Any other suggestions?

DancingSeahorse
Jun. 2, 2011, 07:40 AM
My friend has this saddle.

I rode in it a few times but didn't really care for it.

The flaps were long and I have short legs.

It seems to be a very nice saddle, just wasn't
what I needed.

sixpoundfarm
Jun. 2, 2011, 08:35 AM
I have this saddle, purchased it used and like it very much. The flaps on mine are shorter, which is great for me, as I am vertically challenged. The leather is nice, I find it a very comfortable ride, and I like the flair panels that mine has. I think its a nice saddle, and if you've found one in good shape that fits you and the horse for 1k, you're doing pretty good!

LShipley
Jun. 2, 2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback! The ones I have seen under $1,000 have some clear signs of wear, but nothing I can't live with. I am fairly new to dressage and want to wait a little longer before sinking a bunch of money into a saddle. But having a dressage saddle at all would be nice!

JanDinWA
Jun. 2, 2011, 04:00 PM
This is an older Schleese model and they didn't always have adjustable trees, so before you buy one, get the serial number and call Schleese to check if the tree is really adjustable.