PDA

View Full Version : Urgent question: Who writes the tests?

twnkltoz
Jun. 1, 2011, 02:03 AM
I need this for an article tonight, and I have to be 100% sure, so I'm hoping someone who knows is still awake! Who is responsible for writing and changing the Training to Fourth Level tests--USEF or USDF? They're called the USEF Dressage Tests, but dressage people made up the committee and USDF governs dressage.

AllWeatherGal
Jun. 1, 2011, 07:02 AM
I need this for an article tonight, and I have to be 100% sure, so I'm hoping someone who knows is still awake! Who is responsible for writing and changing the Training to Fourth Level tests--USEF or USDF? They're called the USEF Dressage Tests, but dressage people made up the committee and USDF governs dressage.

USDF does not "govern" dressage ... USEF is the licensing organization for all officials, as well as the publishers of those tests. :)

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Jun. 1, 2011, 07:02 AM
USEF Test writing sub-committee writes tests T-4th, then presents them to the full USEF Dressage committee for approval. The dressage committee *met* at the USDF convention, but it is still a USEF committee.

honeylips
Jun. 1, 2011, 10:25 AM
USEF Test writing sub-committee writes tests T-4th, then presents them to the full USEF Dressage committee for approval. The dressage committee *met* at the USDF convention, but it is still a USEF committee.

This
The USDF doesn't govern anything - it is the awards and educational society for dressage and advises USEF. But the tests are USEF written and approved.

mjhco
Jun. 1, 2011, 12:42 PM
Here is the USEF Dressage Committee. Those who wrote the tests are a subset of this committee.

http://usef.org/_IFrames/AboutUs/Committee/CommitteeDisplay.aspx

Janet and Hilda were part of that subset. Cannot remember who else.

twnkltoz
Jun. 1, 2011, 02:18 PM
Thank you!

MysticOakRanch
Jun. 1, 2011, 02:30 PM
The only tests USDF are responsible for are the Intro tests (USDF Intro 1, 2, and 3). Don't forgot those in the article:winkgrin: And just to get all the facts straight - the FEI tests are not in the realm of either USDF or USEF - FEI is an international body... And if you want to get really into it, there are also the dressage tests for eventing:lol:

yaya
Jun. 1, 2011, 03:38 PM
USDF is also responsible for the national level freestyles (First through Fourth levels).

twnkltoz
Jun. 1, 2011, 06:10 PM
Got it. Thanks.