PDA

View Full Version : Collegiate Post Graduate?

FleabittenGray
Jun. 1, 2011, 12:54 AM
Hi guys! I've been casually looking into buying a new (used) saddle. My current saddle is an older Pessoa pony saddle that I have had since I was a kid. I'm 5'2 and petite so it still fits me, although it is slightly on the small size now. Now that I'm in college, I'm no longer avidly schooling and showing, but I try to ride as much as I can when I'm home from school, especially during the summer. Recently I stumbled upon a used Collegiate Post Graduate saddle on Ebay I really like, and in the research I've done it seems like it would be fitting for my purpose (casual hacking) and, although nothing fancy, appears to be durable, comfortable, and of sufficient quality. I'd love to hear y'all's opinions and thoughts on the saddle and whether it would be an appropriate saddle for my situation. If not, what would y'all recommend? Here's a link to the Ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Collegiate-Post-Graduate-Close-Contact-Saddle-/270757738007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0a6b3617#ht_500wt_1156

Thanks! :)

Rel6
Jun. 1, 2011, 02:35 AM
Find out how long the flap measures...its a 16'' reg flap so it should be short enough for your legs. I'm 5'1'' and petit also and had a hard time finding a flap that allowed me to really have contact with my horse's side. I ended up buying a used Beval Stamford off of ebay, and LOVE it.

jn4jenny
Jun. 1, 2011, 09:00 AM
Yes, that would be a good choice. The Collegiate company soon after began referring that particular saddle as the Collegiate Convertible Diploma, and it's a very popular saddle under that newer name. It's a near-exact replica of the more expensive Bates Caprilli CC but in a more hardy grain leather and with wool-flocked panels instead of CAIR panels.

The MSRP is $995. If you can pick it up even at the BIN of $500, that would be a very good deal. It's not an easy saddle to find on the used market.

FleabittenGray
Jun. 1, 2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the replies, ended up purchasing it through the BIN method for $500. Should get here this week or early next week, I'm excited!