PDA

View Full Version : Zone 8 EAP need a horse to lease

tori13
May. 31, 2011, 09:05 AM
We are looking for a horse to lease for use at the EAP being held at Serenity Farm in Elizabeth, CO. This is close to Parker, CO. The dates are June 24-26th. The horse must be able to jump 3'6".

Rel6
May. 31, 2011, 05:46 PM
We are looking for a horse to lease for use at the EAP being held at Serenity Farm in Elizabeth, CO. This is close to Parker, CO. The dates are June 24-26th. The horse must be able to jump 3'6".

Find a nice, rideable 3ft horse and lease that. You won't jump over 3ft, no other section did.

tori13
May. 31, 2011, 07:40 PM
That is valuable input for sure.

RumoursFollow
May. 31, 2011, 11:38 PM
They jumped some 3'6 fences at zone 5, but it was just a few singles and, IMO, nothing a really good 3ft horse couldnt handle. Someone had borrowed a really sweet, very capable (I'm assuming from watching) 3ft horse from the hosting school and she rode it great the entire weekend. Melanie kept calling it "her little wind up toy" making everyone laugh. It didnt show her off like some fancy schmancy eq finals horse would have, but it jumped everything and I would have been happy with it if it had been my kid on it. :)

PonyPenny
Jun. 1, 2011, 01:16 AM
Why are the participants not jumping the height specified? My daughter participated in 2009 in the 3'6" division and they definitely jumped 3'6". I am just curious.

Rel6
Jun. 1, 2011, 01:31 AM
Why are the participants not jumping the height specified? My daughter participated in 2009 in the 3'6" division and they definitely jumped 3'6". I am just curious.

Yea, I noticed they jumped the height in videos from years past. Melanie said that she knows we could all jump it, because anyone can really jump a height with a horse that can do it. She wants to evaluate the rider, not the horse's scope or ability.

It definitely makes sense, but had I known that I could have leased a less expensive 3ft horse and had a wider variety of horses to try.

DamonsDuet
Jun. 2, 2011, 04:10 PM

Heheh, Melanie also said (besides saying that she likes to keep it small for everyone, now) that as of late her preferable fence height has been 18 inches. I lover her humor and humbleness!