PDA

View Full Version : Zone 5 EAP (with videos)

RumoursFollow
May. 31, 2011, 01:38 AM
Hi everyone-

I just wanted to report quickly on the Zone 5 EAP clinic held at Andrews Osborne Academy in OH this weekend.

I had a customer riding in it, and took it as a learning experience and went with her, taking some of my younger customers with me in the meantime.

I wasnt sure quite what to expect- I had not been before, and had not experienced Melanie Smith Taylor before. I am SO GLAD that I went! What an awesome opportunity I had to learn, and what an amazing opportunity for my customer (my super hardworking working student who is so very talented and so deserving!)

I would not call Melanie a "for the faint of heart" type clinician, as she can be a little.. direct, however I am of the opinion that at this level and during this opportunity, you're not there unless you're very serious about your riding and can and do take constructive criticism well.

I am so very mad that I forgot my camera and had to take videos of everything on my IPhone, but figured it was better than nothing. The videos are chopped up into riders, but the commentary that you can hear I think is valuable.

It was so refreshing to watch so many talented riders on a wide spectrum of horses- from super green or difficult to super made and everything inbetween. I was impressed with everyone!

I have uploaded most if not all of the videos I have from group 1. There are not nearly as many, I dont believe.. my customer was riding in Group 2, so there are many more of those.

I hope to have the rest of the videos up tomorrow, and I will certainly post here as I finish uploading. There are A LOT of them. :)

This is a list of the riders in the group.

Group 1:
Alec Borzorgi- IL
Stephen Foran- IL
Anna Garvey- NY
Margie Heberle- NY
Carly Leonard- IL
Lauren Michaels- PA
Rebecca Morris- IL
Isabella Tillman- MI

Group 2:
Lauren DiTallo- IL
Audrey Layman- OH
Rachel McConnell- OH
Abagail Postle- OH
Jessica Rothberg- NJ
Lily Sanchez- IN
Xena Smith- IL

Videos of Group 1: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL7BFBC758E4493A24&feature=mh_lolz

More to come.. stay tuned!

Beenthere
May. 31, 2011, 10:37 AM
Nice videos...that must have taken a ton of time to post and sport out. I am still laughing at Melanie not being for the faint of heart :lol:

RumoursFollow
May. 31, 2011, 10:46 AM
I loved her- I thought she was awesome- but that whole thing she keeps saying about "if I had a team I wouldnt invite you to be on it" had a few of them wilting a bit. ;)