PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lamaze is KILLING IT in Europe!

Carley Sparks
May. 30, 2011, 10:47 PM
I didn't see any posts on the forum or stories online in the COTH magazine, so if you haven't heard Eric Lamaze is cleaning house in Europe. He won 6 MAJOR classes in Spain, France and Italy in the month of May alone--2 Grand Prixes with Hickstead AND 4 classes with Coriana van Klapscheut. (He was also 2nd in the annual WC Final.)

SO EXCITING to see a North American dominate on both sides of the ocean! Watch the videos. You'll get goosebumps...

DarkStarrx
May. 30, 2011, 10:54 PM
I saw his jump-off in Rome and wow, it was just stunning. That is quite the mare he is bringing up there! She's only 9, can you imagine her with a few more years under her belt???

not to forget he won the CSIO5* in Rome yesterday on Hickstead...

lawn chair
May. 30, 2011, 11:04 PM
Soooo exciting! I may just have to try to see him ride at Spruce this year. Go Canada!

RyuEquestrian
May. 30, 2011, 11:47 PM
That he is! We are thrilled to have Ekstein (Hickstead's damsire) blood represented in several of our imported broodmares.

I told this little 1 week old man (http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b417/Sakuraim/Sakura%20Hill%20Grenache/DSC_0273.jpg) (his dam is by a son of Ekstein) that he should take notice of his successful relatives :-)

Hickstead really is an incredible animal not only for his talent, but the fact that he's stayed on top for so long and remained sound as well, that too should not go unnoticed.

Rel6
May. 30, 2011, 11:56 PM
That he is! We are thrilled to have Ekstein (Hickstead's damsire) blood represented in several of our imported broodmares.

I told this little 1 week old man (http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b417/Sakuraim/Sakura%20Hill%20Grenache/DSC_0273.jpg) (his dam is by a son of Ekstein) that he should take notice of his successful relatives :-)

From the look of that trot, I think he's taking your words to heart! Gorgeous.

indygirl2560
May. 31, 2011, 03:24 AM
I saw his round on hickstead in Rome last night,(on tv), and man were they on their game!

Treasmare2
May. 31, 2011, 06:27 AM
Your baby sure seems to have his daddy's strut so I think he is hearing you.

So pleased to have Eric putting Canada on the map...again and again because he had an amazing year in Europe last year too.

Polydor
May. 31, 2011, 06:49 AM
Woot! Go Eric! Love seeing him and Hickstead flying around the ring! Haven't had a chance to see him with his mare yet.

Also hoping to get to Spruce this year and see him jump.

P.

imajacres
May. 31, 2011, 07:00 AM
So proud of a fellow Canadian (Quebecker)!
Plus- I own a mare who is not only by Ekstein but is out of the same mare line as Hickstead's sire Hamlet, so she is kind of his aunt in a weird way:-)