PDA

View Full Version : What would you expect to pay? (EAP lease)

PNWjumper
May. 29, 2011, 08:38 PM
I was approached this week at a show and asked if I would lease out my mare for the 3'6" section of the EAP program. So basically for a 1-month term to cover the kid riding her and then taking her to the clinic in a few weeks. The mom asked what I would ask for a lease fee for something like that and I have no idea. My mare is my former 1.40m jumper and hands down the nicest horse to ride I've ever owned. When I was considering leasing her out last year I was in the $2500/month range for a lease fee, but for something short term like this I would think that a higher fee would be appropriate.

Does anyone have experience leasing out a horse for something like the EAP clinics or other short-term periods? I would appreciate any pricing guidance I could get :)

Thanks in advance!

Rel6
May. 29, 2011, 10:42 PM
I was approached this week at a show and asked if I would lease out my mare for the 3'6" section of the EAP program. So basically for a 1-month term to cover the kid riding her and then taking her to the clinic in a few weeks. The mom asked what I would ask for a lease fee for something like that and I have no idea. My mare is my former 1.40m jumper and hands down the nicest horse to ride I've ever owned. When I was considering leasing her out last year I was in the $2500/month range for a lease fee, but for something short term like this I would think that a higher fee would be appropriate.

Does anyone have experience leasing out a horse for something like the EAP clinics or other short-term periods? I would appreciate any pricing guidance I could get :)

Thanks in advance!

I leased a horse for the zone 2 eap. He was just leased for 30k for 6 months...so 5k a month. I had him for all of May, and basically the agreement was that I had a free lease for may and just paid that month's board. He could not be leased out from under me, but he could be tried at any point. So basically my trainer didn't have to cover him financially while they were getting him leased out, and I didn't have to pay a lease fee. Kind of a unique situation, but thought I'd share anyway.

LovesHorses
May. 29, 2011, 10:56 PM
Our barn did this last yr for the Level II in Bend. It was $500 a day, for every day the horse was gone, plus hauling and all associated expenses.

Rel6
May. 29, 2011, 10:57 PM
Right forgot to mention that...I paid shipping. No day lease for or trainer's fee, she got to audit for free and I was already paying a month's board. I don't think I paid any other expenses to my trainer for him for that weekend beside shipping. I paid the stall fee at the EAP, obviously, which came with six bags of shavings. Trainer lent me a tack trunk. All in all it worked out really well.

goblinhollow
May. 29, 2011, 11:04 PM
I am leasing a horse for the week prior and week of EAP - same zone I imagine as I am in the PNW. Lease fee was $450 which was considered a "half" lease and I paid shoes prior as well. Owners are very nice though. His other "half" is getting leased out to a non-EAP person who will lease him long term.