PDA

View Full Version : What is a dry stall?

yaya
May. 29, 2011, 04:36 PM
No, this isn't a comment on the rains (in fact, we are in severe drought and are begging for the rains to come here).

I have seen ads for stalls in Florida for the season, and many of them quote a price for a "dry stall".

What is that? Is it just a stall, with no feed or care (meaning you have to bring your own feed, hay, bedding and stall cleaner person)?

Or is it a stall with full care but no training?

Or does it mean different things different places?

RougeEmpire
May. 29, 2011, 04:41 PM
Means diffrent things in different places. But usually it's like "rough board". A boarder leases the stall and does all the care and provides all the feed/bedding as well as cleaning.

atlatl
May. 29, 2011, 07:49 PM
Here in So Cal a dry stall is just the stall. Feed, feeding, bedding and cleaning are not included.

joiedevie99
May. 29, 2011, 07:57 PM
Yup- use of a stall. Most times it includes use of the facilities as well (rings, tack room, turnout). It doesn't include any supplies or labor.

2tempe
May. 29, 2011, 09:15 PM
Yup- use of a stall. Most times it includes use of the facilities as well (rings, tack room, turnout). It doesn't include any supplies or labor.

This - usually. I noticed that Courtney King is advertising for 5 "dry" stalls at her facility for next winter in Wellington @ $4,000/month (:eek:) Wow. But that, I'm guessing, is close to the going market down there.....

joiedevie99
May. 29, 2011, 09:21 PM
This - usually. I noticed that Courtney King is advertising for 5 "dry" stalls at her facility for next winter in Wellington @ $4,000/month (:eek:) Wow. But that, I'm guessing, is close to the going market down there.....

I believe Courtney's stalls are 4k for the season, which is not a bad price. Seasonal pricing seems to be more common since its easy to fill stalls for February and March, but harder in December, January and April.

2tempe
May. 29, 2011, 09:51 PM
JD99 - Your comment actually makes more sense! I'm guessing that I either mis-read or mis-remembered....at my advancing age, either is possible!!!!!!!!:yes:

yaya
May. 29, 2011, 10:18 PM
That's what I suspected, but I just wasn't sure.
Thanks.

Whitfield Farm Hanoverians
May. 30, 2011, 10:44 PM
You know, truly those prices are just crazy. Makes showing in FL next to impossible.

Plantagenet
Jun. 2, 2011, 11:31 AM
you should see the prices for hay/shavings/grain down there if you want crazy....

don't even get me started about the shoers!