PDA

View Full Version : Clinic with Scott Hofstetter, What to Expect?

carasmom
May. 29, 2011, 07:09 AM
Just like the title says, I am attending a clinic with Scott Hofstetter tomorrow. I am taking my 5yo appendix hunter who can be a little difficult at times. I am hoping she's on her best behavior! :lol: Any tips or comments most welcome.

shawneeAcres
May. 29, 2011, 08:13 AM
I attended a clinic with him quite a few years ago, don't reamember much more than he was REALLY a great clinician. I watched him work with a group of kids, some of which were VERY good riders and some that were pretty beginner and he was great with all of them. He did challenge them, but was not over their head.

Trilogy48
May. 29, 2011, 09:35 AM
I have watched and attended a few clinics with Scott, he also judged our IHSA show. I absolutely love the way he teaches. He does a lot of exercises for both the horse and rider; I'm sure you will have a great time! Are you going to his farm in Ocala, or is he coming to you? His farm is beautiful! I agree with ShawneeAcres, he will challenge you, but nothing crazy and he won't ask you to do something that he doesn't think you can handle.

Have fun & let us know how it goes!!

*Liz*
May. 29, 2011, 09:39 AM
I did a clinic with him about 10 years ago. I remember him making some very creative exercises with jumps and poles, including work on bending straight lines to add strides and work on holding the counter canter. At the time I had a young, huge, green TBx who was not as schooled as some of the other horses, but he was great about making adjustments per horse/rider combo.

Just try your hardest to follow the instructions you are given, and pay close attention to the other riders. If you can't seem to figure something out or your horse is being reluctant to fully participate, speak up and you should get some further instruction or a variation more suitable to you and your horse. I think you'll have a blast, tell us how it goes!

findlymine
May. 29, 2011, 10:58 AM
He is very good at what he does. He is really really laid back and is not a screamer but is firm. You will learn a lot and you will feel better about your ridind and your horses skills when you are finished with the clinic!!!!!